Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times

Advertisements

Okay....I'm confused....you paid taxes on the amount you actually paid for the vehicle - where's the beef? Is it because if you hadn't had the receipt, you'd have paid less? The tax is what - 6%? On at most $1k? 60 bucks, an' you're flippin' out this badly? C'mon, dude - take a deep breath, chalk it up to experience and walk away....ain't worth bein' THIS upset (and costin' someone their job.....really???) over a few bucks!

Old 10-31-2011, 05:56 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Okay....I'm confused....you paid taxes on the amount you actually paid for the vehicle - where's the beef? Is it because if you hadn't had the receipt, you'd have paid less? The tax is what - 6%? On at most $1k? 60 bucks, an' you're flippin' out this badly? C'mon, dude - take a deep breath, chalk it up to experience and walk away....ain't worth bein' THIS upset (and costin' someone their job.....really???) over a few bucks!
i was informed taxes would be lower, even if i had paid more for the car.

i was also informed that if i had paid less than what the county values the car, i would be on the hook for taxes at the amount the county values the car at, not the amount i paid.

/damned if you do damned if you dont.
//yeah, im still pushing for her to get canned since the managers explanation was 'oh they dont have all the right information up there in the call center' when i called out the rep who misinformed me
///and has probably misinformed others, costing them monies they thought they didnt have to pay

Old 10-31-2011, 06:15 AM

So, because they don't give the employee all the correct information, she/he should be fired? Is that really fair to them? Think about that a bit, my friend - if you're gonna go after someone's job, go after the MANAGEMENT that allows them to be misinformed - call the media an' raise hob.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
So, because they don't give the employee all the correct information, she/he should be fired? Is that really fair to them? Think about that a bit, my friend - if you're gonna go after someone's job, go after the MANAGEMENT that allows them to be misinformed - call the media an' raise hob.
thats the thing. i DID speak with management. they made it perfectly clear that they didnt care, the rep was doing her job and that i wouldnt be allowed to pay the lower rate, despite being told i would.

its also ironic that they overlook their own hypocricy when they require you to pay a higher tax rate on a car, even if you didnt actually spend that much on the car!

FWIW, i did call troubleshooters a few weeks later. still havent gotten back to me, though this incident was well over a year ago.

/management had the opportunity to inform the CSR who handled my call that she was giving out bad info
//they never did
///i know because i have contacts at the tax office and have done business with sylvia romo on a few occasions.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:26 AM

Wait...a YEAR ago?

Dude....time ta let it go....

Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Wait...a YEAR ago?

Dude....time ta let it go....
yeah. its pretty sad that the exact same practices are still going on over a year later.

/and you wonder why i want her canned
//dont believe me? call the tax office and find out for yourself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio