U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,413,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
I just nodded and said "OK". Then changed the subject. Not going to associate with this person anymore.

I have met other nationals in the past and many (especially the children of wealthy Mexicans) are reckless and spoiled brats.

This guy also told me how he and his friends are White Mexicans and are the "Classy Mexicans"... as opposed to a lot of the Mexican-Americans here in the U.S. Ironic because he and his friends are anything BUT classy. I was disgusted after talking to him

I would have told him that he could have killed and/or ruined another person's life/health among other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 03:09 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,797,356 times
I talked to someone from Monterrey and he said the crime is getting bad there and a lot of wealthy people are moving to Texas...well its what he told me anyways..do I believe him? I don't know...he could be a part of the cartel for all I know.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,725,903 times
If you noticed the month the OP posted the thread..it was November. That is traditional time of 'compras'. The time well off mexicans come shopping here in SA. The OP could have just noticed the holiday seasonal buying rush.

Not to worry folks just tourists spending lots of money here.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:26 PM

50 posts, read 87,015 times
What about July - around now? I just moved here and I notice many Hispanic families in the malls. I am not sure if they are local. Do local people speak Spanish to their kids?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:15 PM

11,131 posts, read 20,264,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
I just nodded and said "OK". Then changed the subject. Not going to associate with this person anymore.

I have met other nationals in the past and many (especially the children of wealthy Mexicans) are reckless and spoiled brats.

This guy also told me how he and his friends are White Mexicans and are the "Classy Mexicans"... as opposed to a lot of the Mexican-Americans here in the U.S. Ironic because he and his friends are anything BUT classy. I was disgusted after talking to him

Mexico doesn't have a monopoly on spoiled rich kids. We grow 'em here too.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:17 PM

11,131 posts, read 20,264,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranciscoTX View Post
What about July - around now? I just moved here and I notice many Hispanic families in the malls. I am not sure if they are local. Do local people speak Spanish to their kids?
There are plenty of people who live here and only speak Spanish. If the kids are school-age, they can usually translate for the mom if necessary.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,501,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Mexico doesn't have a monopoly on spoiled rich kids. We grow 'em here too.
For the most part American rich kids have a sense of noblesse oblige that Mexican nationals lack.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:14 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,413,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranciscoTX View Post
If they're loud, rude, arrogant, obnoxious and their kids want to buy up everything up in sight, then those are the traveling mexicans.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 PM

50 posts, read 87,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
If they're loud, rude, arrogant, obnoxious and their kids want to buy up everything up in sight, then those are the traveling mexicans.
I can't comment on the rude, arrogant and obnoxious part... But I do notice the youngsters dress a bit differently than our local kids.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 PM

6,998 posts, read 10,223,233 times
I haven't really had to deal with rude Mexican nationals, but I can usually tell who they are by their accents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or