Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,731 times

Advertisements

Has he gone to court yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM

332 posts, read 529,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy6958 View Post
He will probably get a stiffer sentence than the ones that killed someone!!!!
highly unlikely. no he has not been to court. they are delaying it as long as they can in hopes that people forget about it, so that when it does go to trial, people wont remember as much.

truly disgusting behavior from 'pillars of the community'. why this dbag hasnt been canned yet is beyond me. any place ive worked at, if my mug made the papers and news for something like this, boss would see it and id be canned before the bit on tv ended.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessQQmorePEWPEW View Post
why this dbag hasnt been canned yet is beyond me. any place ive worked at, if my mug made the papers and news for something like this, boss would see it and id be canned before the bit on tv ended.
In this case, the owner of the Spurs is himself a recovering alcoholic, by his own public admission, and probably has more sympathy for employees who overimbibe than the average employer. It could be that R.C. sought treatment or counseling that we don't know about.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,245 times
Might be because he has way more $$$$$ than any of us as well. He is his own boss I believe.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Might be because he has way more $$$$$ than any of us as well. He is his own boss I believe.
Still does not give him the right to break the law, but sadly everything seems to be about the money now adays.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:49 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,736,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
Still does not give him the right to break the law, but sadly everything seems to be about the money now adays.
It's all about money or who you know. Susan Reed is a hawk on Drunk Driving. I wonder if her office will hold R.C.'s feet to the fire or if he is in her good graces like her son's buddy Christopher Mueller?

Last edited by 69GSstage1; 06-14-2012 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
a big THIS^^^^

his money and the sorry basketball 'team' he manages are the only reason he isnt in jail right now like any average joe would be,

the UHPD police report on the incident is pretty telling. i wonder if he pooped his pants when he had a gun pulled on him...

Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Quote:
highly unlikely. no he has not been to court. they are delaying it as long as they can in hopes that people forget about it, so that when it does go to trial, people wont remember as much.

truly disgusting behavior from 'pillars of the community'. why this dbag hasnt been canned yet is beyond me. any place ive worked at, if my mug made the papers and news for something like this, boss would see it and id be canned before the bit on tv ended.
Whether the people forget or not should have no bearing on the court process. Sensationalism should not be mistaken for justice. If the people forget it is because they are now whining about something else.

Quote:
a big THIS^^^^

his money and the sorry basketball 'team' he manages are the only reason he isnt in jail right now like any average joe would be,

the UHPD police report on the incident is pretty telling. i wonder if he pooped his pants when he had a gun pulled on him...
Some claim all drunk drivers are let off the hook and others claim only those with money are let off. Both can't be true and why public opinion should be least trusted. Both of those ideas are wrong. Of course hiring a good attorney helps but it is not like he can buy judge or jury. And no one is just let off the hook for kicks and fun but because of available resources and space. Mandatory sentences for other crimes such as non-violent drug possession also contribute.

But nevermind all this the mob mentality must be right and the court of public opinion will solve all our problems.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post

But nevermind all this the mob mentality must be right and the court of public opinion will solve all our problems.
yes, innocent til proven guilty. i get that.

however, im friends with the guy who pulled his gun on buford after buford almost ran him over. this is all public domain now, so if youre interested, get a copy of the UHPD police report on the matter since they are the ones who's property buford destroyed.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM

554 posts, read 1,067,032 times
So any update on this? Did it just go away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio