Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:37 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times

Advertisements

Give me a break, he had an open container in his vehicle, resisted arrest, refused to take a field sobriety test (which any innocent person would do!) and worst of all, he tried to run over a police officer. Plus he destroyed private property. If it were any of us, we'd be sitting in jail. He's being protected because of his position with the Spurs.

Everyone complains about not enough being done to remove drunk drivers from our roads, but someone from the Spurs does it and suddenly it's a different ballgame. I've lost respect for that organization for their failure to take appropriate action and him for trying to blame others for his poor judgment and actions.

Worst of all, it is clearly evident that he is lying about it because his version of the "truth" simply doesn't hold water. Of course, they expect everyone to swallow his BS once again because he's with the Spurs.

It's pathetic on so many levels...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 PM

472 posts, read 1,075,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Give me a break, he had an open container in his vehicle, resisted arrest, refused to take a field sobriety test (which any innocent person would do!) and worst of all, he tried to run over a police officer. Plus he destroyed private property. If it were any of us, we'd be sitting in jail. He's being protected because of his position with the Spurs.

Everyone complains about not enough being done to remove drunk drivers from our roads, but someone from the Spurs does it and suddenly it's a different ballgame. I've lost respect for that organization for their failure to take appropriate action and him for trying to blame others for his poor judgment and actions.

Worst of all, it is clearly evident that he is lying about it because his version of the "truth" simply doesn't hold water. Of course, they expect everyone to swallow his BS once again because he's with the Spurs.

You must have some really good insight on whats going on his (Buford) case to state what you posted,..being protected?,...where did you get that info?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/...arrest-doc.pdf

I see nothing about running over police officers or resisting arrest.

His attitude is being marked at cooperative, carefree, and polite in the report.

Report also says he complied with the field sobriety test.

I still feel he is guilty of drinking and driving however. I guess we will have to wait and see what the court says.

Last edited by Azure110; 11-09-2011 at 08:11 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 08:10 PM

472 posts, read 1,075,721 times
Thank you,..it's gonna take it's own course,...privately of publicly,..but he'll get his day in court,..

Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
There is more to this story than what is in that report...but based on what is contained within it, it is clear he was driving while intoxicated. He was using the excuse of low blood sugar but it is clear that his refusal for a blood test and "lawyering up" are signs of his guilt. Plus, where are the charges of leaving the scene of an accident?

Quick fooling yourselves, Buford's guilty but I'm sure some arrangements are going to be made where he pleads to some lesser charge. It's the same story which is why this town has such a bad reputation concerning drunk drivers. It's not the fault of the SAPD, it's the courts and I would put dollars to donuts that this case will follow the same track as so many similar DWI cases have done in the past...

I'm just glad he didn't kill some innocent individuals as so many drunks on our roads have done!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
You must have some really good insight on whats going on his (Buford) case to state what you posted,..being protected?,...where did you get that info?
Report: Spurs GM R.C. Buford arrested for DWI - CBSSports.com

there is more than one police report, thats why.

Quote:
The police department said an officer from the Bexar County Hospital District first responded to the scene. SAPD then arrested Buford.
i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for that report to come out though... also, the SAPD report states that they had to get a warrant for his blood... so yeah he refused. cant be cooperative and defiant at the same time, no?

Last edited by DexterCat; 11-09-2011 at 08:35 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
There is more to this story than what is in that report...but based on what is contained within it, it is clear he was driving while intoxicated. He was using the excuse of low blood sugar but it is clear that his refusal for a blood test and "lawyering up" are signs of his guilt. Plus, where are the charges of leaving the scene of an accident?

Quick fooling yourselves, Buford's guilty but I'm sure some arrangements are going to be made where he pleads to some lesser charge. It's the same story which is why this town has such a bad reputation concerning drunk drivers. It's not the fault of the SAPD, it's the courts and I would put dollars to donuts that this case will follow the same track as so many similar DWI cases have done in the past...

I'm just glad he didn't kill some innocent individuals as so many drunks on our roads have done!
I never said I felt he isn't guilty of DWI. (read my past posts in this thread) Despite his actions, he deserves his day in court as any American citizen accused of breaking the law should deserve.

Either way it isn't looking too good for him.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/...arrest-doc.pdf

I see nothing about running over police officers or resisting arrest.

His attitude is being marked at cooperative, carefree, and polite in the report.

Report also says he complied with the field sobriety test.

I still feel he is guilty of drinking and driving however. I guess we will have to wait and see what the court says.
tail end of the report says that he refused and a bench warrant was issued for his blood...

Old 11-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
Report: Spurs GM R.C. Buford arrested for DWI - CBSSports.com

there is more than one police report, thats why.

i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for that report to come out though... also, the SAPD report states that they had to get a warrant for his blood... so yeah he refused. cant be cooperative and defiant at the same time, no?
He refused a blood test, not a field sobriety test. (Not the same as resisting arrest btw.)

MMM mentioned he refused the field sobriety test which was not true.

I thought if you submit to a field sobriety test, you don't have to take the blood test????

Old 11-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
He refused a blood test, not a field sobriety test. (Not the same as resisting arrest btw.)

MMM mentioned he refused the field sobriety test which was not true.

I thought if you submit to a field sobriety test, you don't have to take the blood test????
generally they only draw blood if you refuse a sobriety test. thats what the cops i know tell me, which is why the SAPD police report doesnt make sense. im guessing the strong odour of 'intoxicants' had something to do with the request for blood.

something else that doesnt make sense is, its marked that he was cooperative and carefree, yet in the first couple of sentences in the report, he states he was shivering. how can you be 'carefree and cooperative' but shivering?

then, when the officer asks if he has a jacket (and notes there is a jacket with a spurs logo on it), he states 'nah im good'?

shivering (which is generally not a characteristic of acting carefree) but acting carefree, when claiming its a diabetic attack???? oh and 'nothing like this has happened to me in 30 years'??

allowe me to translate that:

'in 30 years of drinking and driving , this is the first time ive been caught so im going to play the fool and claim diabetic attack'

/im a bit passionate about things like this because my deadbeat, loser of a father murdered someone while driving drunk and this over-privleged, entitled dbag is attempting to make a mockery of the officer's intelligence and the legal system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio