Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 07:38 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,899,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Does anyone know of a store in San Antonio that sells the Scentsy warmers and wax? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't want to post a new thread in the forums, figured this would be an easy one.
No, but hit up mom2feebs. She's my scentsy pimpstress. And she makes the best cherry icebox cookies in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 11:19 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,675,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm currently adding a lot of the magazines I subscribe to to my iPad and it's free. I get about 99% of the magazines for free for filling out surveys and stuff and literally get most popular magazines that exist. I'm sure the mail person thinks I have a serious issue with magazine subscription addiction, but he's also probably a little jealous.. My favorites are the cars and I get Automobile, Autoweek, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Road & Track, 4-Wheeling, and probably quite a few others I'm forgetting at this moment.
I dont know about the rest, but Automobile has a great app for Android and iPad

Old 11-13-2011, 06:26 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,285,633 times
So far it's only Automobile and Motor Trend, but they are both pretty nice. Between those and two movies, I won't have any bored time on my upcoming flights. Been here for a couple months and it's time to blow the popsicle stand once again..

Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,524,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Does anyone know of a store in San Antonio that sells the Scentsy warmers and wax? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I didn't want to post a new thread in the forums, figured this would be an easy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No, but hit up mom2feebs. She's my scentsy pimpstress. And she makes the best cherry icebox cookies in the world.
Yep, what sapphire said!! And DO go with Scentsy, never the crap you could buy at WalMart or Target or even a "high end" store. The other stuff leaves a REALLY nasty chemical after-smell that is super hard to get rid of!!! Scentsy is da bomb and Mom2Feebs is the best Scensty pimptress!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:55 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,898,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Off topic...but does anyone know how it's possible that a military member of the US Air Force can be blind and still be active duty? Aside from his full ABU, this guy wears sunglasses and has a guide dog. I thought if you had handicaps like this you could not be in the service.
Nick

There is a US Army officer (Scott Smiley) who was blinded by an explosion in Mosul, Iraq in 2005 triggered by a suicide bomber and remained on active duty (he has a book about it, titled Hope Unseen). Marine Corporal Matthew Bradford lost both his legs and his eyesight from an IED in Iraq, but is also continuing his career as an active duty Marine. However, I have not heard of any blind USAF members who are still in uniform.

That said, if he was medically retired then he is still allowed to wear the uniform as long as he remains in standards. Any retired individual can do so.

Chances are that he's just one of those individuals who wear military uniforms. Not all are what we call "posers," those trying to fool others into thinking they are in the military. Some are just "enthusiasts" who like to wear the gear.

Lastly, I know of at least one C-130 pilot who lost a leg in a boating accident and was able to not only return to active duty but also flying status. With out operations in Afghanistan and Iraq, there are many military members who have been injured and who could be classified as "handicapped" but are still able to perform their duties. Given the advances in prosthetics these days, as long as they are able to meet the standards of service many are allowed to remain in uniform.

Hope that helps!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-13-2011, 01:26 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,759,410 times
Okay, folks, I need your assistance with all of these restaurant threads that keep popping up here about one restaurant at a time...

I've come up with a possible four categories for ongoing threads to contain these to:

1. Restaurants - Best Dining in the Area
  2. Restaurants - Fast Food
  3. Restaurants - New Openings
  4. Restaurants - Closings
What do you think? Any suggestions/recommendations from your point of view would be appreciated as you know your area better than I, and know what would be of greater use to those currently residing in the area and/or those visiting/relocating to the area.

Please reply by DM by week's end, Saturday, 11/19/11.

Thanks!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-13-2011 at 01:47 PM..

Old 11-13-2011, 01:43 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,611,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
[color=Navy]Okay, folks, I need your assistance with all of these restaurant threads that keep popping up here about one restaurant at a time...
simple:

merge all into one 'restaurant' discussion thread. anyone who creates a new one, close it, send a DM and direct them to the merged thread.

multiple offences, roll out the infractions and bans.

some people might gripe, but in the end, it simplifies something that doesnt need multiple threads.

ps - if you do go the multiple thread route, stickying them might help, since theyll always be at the top and possible newcomers will be exposed to that everytime the log onto this forum

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-15-2011 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Appreciate your comments, so noted.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:12 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,654,480 times
Thanks MMM, might be US Army. I'll have to check again.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:46 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,017,580 times
Thanks for the help. I'll order the Scentsy stuff online if I can find the warmer I am looking for. We have it at home but I needed it for a gift.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:32 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,523,155 times
what about breaking down by areas of San Antonio as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Okay, folks, I need your assistance with all of these restaurant threads that keep popping up here about one restaurant at a time...

I've come up with a possible four categories for ongoing threads to contain these to:

1. Restaurants - Best Dining in the Area
  2. Restaurants - Fast Food
  3. Restaurants - New Openings
  4. Restaurants - Closings
What do you think? Any suggestions/recommendations from your point of view would be appreciated as you know your area better than I, and know what would be of greater use to those currently residing in the area and/or those visiting/relocating to the area.

Please reply by DM by week's end, Saturday, 11/19/11.

Thanks!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-15-2011 at 05:41 AM.. Reason: Thanks for your comment, will take it into consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio