Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 PM

952 posts, read 2,634,576 times

Advertisements

DD's first Christmas, we want to take her to the mall to have her picture taken with Santa

Are all the malls the same with these? As in all you have to do is Q up have baby sit on Santa's lap then leave?

Pardon my ignorance but never been to one of these before, so I am clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
I haven't been in years but that was how it always worked. I'd check the mall's website online as it should have Santa's hours. We went to Northstar when my youngest was 1 1/2. It was set up by Victoria's Secret and it took about an hour because Santa went on break. All the mothers were trying to distract the kids from the almost naked mannequins in the store window! I'm hoping the mall has since learned to put Santa in a different place.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
Are all the malls the same with these? As in all you have to do is Q up have baby sit on Santa's lap then leave?
It's likely expected that you'll use (and pay) the official photographer. Most places either strongly discourage or openly prohibit taking your own photo. (That's where the money comes from to pay the poor guy in the Santa suit.)

Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 PM

952 posts, read 2,634,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
It's likely expected that you'll use (and pay) the official photographer. Most places either strongly discourage or openly prohibit taking your own photo. (That's where the money comes from to pay the poor guy in the Santa suit.)
good to know.

now to know how much these pics will cost, I'll have to find out i guess by going to the mall.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:06 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Bass Pro does a free Santa picture, with the option to purchase more if you want. They usually have pretty long lines on the weekends before Christmas, if you can do a weekday evening that's better. They have the hours and days that they're taking pictures listed on their website under Santa's Wonderland.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:33 AM

679 posts, read 1,802,820 times
I don't think it's the norm to have to pay for Santa pics... Usually it's just a hook to get you in the mall for some holiday shopping. Good luck -- my kids were always TERRIFIED so I quit forcing them after the first try. We're atheists anyway.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:34 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
you can find santa at plenty of other events / places that are a little better than the mall experience --- which we avoid like the plague. Think Village at Stone Oak is again offering a free carriage ride with Santa this year....that was a lot of fun and a great photo op. Some professional photographers also bring in a live Santa to pose with.

Know you are excited that this is her first x-mas...but most kids cry on his lap until about age 3. And those mall photos are $$ and not so great.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:47 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamon_toast View Post
I don't think it's the norm to have to pay for Santa pics... Usually it's just a hook to get you in the mall for some holiday shopping. Good luck -- my kids were always TERRIFIED so I quit forcing them after the first try. We're atheists anyway.
We've been to the Santa at North Star and the kids could sit on his lap for free, but you couldn't take your own pictures. They were charging a lot for the pictures too...my friend wanted a Santa picture really badly and we actually ended up just photoshopping her kid into a picture we found online because she couldn't afford the pictures at the mall.

My oldest loves all the Santas that she sees, but my younger one is very suspicious of them. We went to take pictures when she was four, and she told us (and Santa) that she wasn't sitting on some stange man's lap even if he was dressed up like Santa Claus

Old 11-16-2011, 09:06 AM

418 posts, read 784,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
DD's first Christmas, we want to take her to the mall to have her picture taken with Santa

Pardon my ignorance but never been to one of these before, so I am clueless.
Rolling Oaks Mall has a Santa that I saw there at the lower level
by Macy's last weekend.

But, from what I saw Santa's belly is too big this year for the kiddies
to be able to sit on his knee... so the kids were standing in front of
him delivering their wish lists.

I have 2 thoughts on this:

-get another Santa with a more reasonable belly
-perhaps someone complained about kids sitting on Santa's knee

Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 PM

546 posts, read 1,500,064 times
I had my sons done at Crossroads "Wonderland Mall of Americas" I think is its new name. It wasnt crowded like the other malls. I paid 20 bucks and received 2 5*7s. they were printed on the spot and I was in and out of there in about 15 minutes. I looked at N.star and Ingram and the lines were huge. I was not about to wait that long.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio