U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:34 AM

112 posts, read 329,314 times

Advertisements

I'm very impressed with all of the beauty shots of San Antonio in Top Chef. They are really portraying the city in a good light. I would not be surprised if they get a boost in tourism for this.

Last nights Quincenera eposode was great. They are doing an excellent job of caturing the local culture. La Gloria should see a boost in business as well, Johnny Hernandez came off great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM

739 posts, read 817,742 times
Default Top Chef Texas: Doesn't San Antonio look great!

Yes, she does.Little disappointed that the chefs didn't go to H.E.B.Central Market instead of Whole Foods in the Quarry.Bravo must have some contract with Whole Foods.I can't wait to see the episode where PeeWee Herman is a food judge.It was on tv here when Paul Rubens,aka PeeWee Herman visited the Mission baseball players.
He was really here to film some episode of Top Chef:Texas.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:16 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,332,646 times
For a $200k bribe, it BETTER look great. Better, in fact, than the other cities featured who did not have to pay that money to have Top Chef to their town.

I understand (and enjoy) that this will likely end up attracting people to SA, but it chaps my @ss that we had to pay for the 'privilege' and others didn't.

BN

Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,237,222 times
Ok I need to put my two cents in to this:

After many threads about where we should shop for meat and when a particular meat market gets mentioned its like OOOOO NOOO I would never go there, why did Top Chef go there?

A month ago I was watching KSAT about recent DOH complaints about that meat market and the owner did not give a response but on Telemundo he did and was like he is being set up. So to see it on Top Chef was like is it all a myth? Is this meat market good to shop in?

Inquiring minds wants to know!

BTW SA does look great and I loved the Quincenera!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post

After many threads about where we should shop for meat and when a particular meat market gets mentioned its like OOOOO NOOO I would never go there, why did Top Chef go there?

A month ago I was watching KSAT about recent DOH complaints about that meat market and the owner did not give a response but on Telemundo he did and was like he is being set up. So to see it on Top Chef was like is it all a myth? Is this meat market good to shop in?

You do realize that just because something is featured on television, doesn't make it any better? If the DOH gave them a crappy rating, why would you question that?

Of course 'he's being set up.' He's the owner. He'd be an idiot if he didn't fight back in any way he seems to know how. If I were him, I'd start with cleaning up his pigsty meat market.

BN

Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,237,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
You do realize that just because something is featured on television, doesn't make it any better? If the DOH gave them a crappy rating, why would you question that?

Of course 'he's being set up.' He's the owner. He'd be an idiot if he didn't fight back in any way he seems to know how. If I were him, I'd start with cleaning up his pigsty meat market.

BN
Thank you BN I knew you would come back with an honest answer!

Which begs the question why in the world would Top Chef go there????????

When I saw it I nearly choked because all I keep thinking was what if there was more to the enchilada than just flour tortillas!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Thank you BN I knew you would come back with an honest answer!

Which begs the question why in the world would Top Chef go there????????

When I saw it I nearly choked because all I keep thinking was what if there was more to the enchilada than just flour tortillas!
If Top Chef's production company is willing to ask for $200k for San Antonio simply to be featured, I wouldn't put anything else past them that's considered a little 'off the cuff.'

BN

Old 11-17-2011, 12:58 PM

297 posts, read 622,678 times
I think Padma makes SA look great!

Old 11-17-2011, 01:53 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,186,137 times
Quote:

Yes. Exactly why I will not watch this crap. So contrived. It's all advertising. From the top to the bottom, it's all been bought and served to a willing audience.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,998,271 times
I don't care - I watch it anyway. I enjoy getting ideas and alternative seasoning/prep tips - even ideas on what I DON'T wanna do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or