U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:32 PM

6 posts, read 7,162 times

Advertisements

hi all. been here for a few years and thought i might chime in to hear what all the experts can offer up.

so today, my lady and myself went to ihop before hitting the lowes/home depot by the house for a quick lunch. we walked in and it was mostly dead except for maybe 10 active tables. they stuck us between two tables where both had kids under 6 yelling and screaming. it got me to thinking, "are there any kid-free restaurants around here?" while i stared aimlessly out of the window oblivious to what my finance was saying to me due to all the noise.

after our dinner i did the next logical thing and googled it. no luck finding anything straight forward saying "Come to Bobs, no kids under 6 allowed". SO, while i am all for going to Silos, Bohanans, etc, are there any other restaurants in this area that are kid free for meals or maybe have an age limit? not looking for expensive, just want quite. always see "kid friendly" but never see anything that says "adult friendly"

thanks for any advice!

edit: fixed font issue thing. also want to add that i am NOT anti-kid, i am just PRO quite for eating.

Last edited by loki_in_texas; 11-26-2011 at 06:47 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 05:53 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,185,729 times
Moderator cut: see comment

Next time grow a pair and ask the waitress to simply move you to another table...

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-26-2011 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Personal attacks are not permitted per ToS. We may attack ideas but we do not attack the speaker.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:04 PM

11,177 posts, read 20,535,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post

Next time grow a pair and ask the waitress to simply move you to another table...
Tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me

For the OP, expensive usually equals kid-free.

I didn't know anybody ate at IHOP except people with young kids and seniors, at least at lunchtime.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:06 PM

5,142 posts, read 11,487,966 times
Alamo Drafthouse is the place that comes to mind for movies and food.
Also, I can't think of any child free restaurants in San Antonio that are advertised as such but those that do not have meals/specials for children under a certain age are your best bet.
I can totally relate with you Loki. The hubby and I were seated at a restaurant far away from a screaming child and could still hear the screaming from the other side of the restaurant. Sometimes sitting at another table does not help matters.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Moderator cut: see comment

Moderator cut: orphaned

I simply asked if anyone knew of a place to eat that was adult friendly. if i want to eat with kids, then chucky-cheese is the place i go. if i don't, then i can go " insert restaurant here".

simply asking the waitress to move (btw, do it all the time) does not solve the underlying problem.

care to try again?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-26-2011 at 07:43 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 06:09 PM

502 posts, read 816,872 times
Or the parent could be a parent and get the kid to act civil. Why should socitety have to tolerate spoiled children?

Old 11-26-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me

For the OP, expensive usually equals kid-free.

I didn't know anybody ate at IHOP except people with young kids and seniors, at least at lunchtime.
it was close to the lowes/home depot and she was hungry...would not have been my first choice :-)

Old 11-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Alamo Drafthouse is the place that comes to mind for movies and food.
Also, I can't think of any child free restaurants in San Antonio that are advertised as such but those that do not have meals/specials for children under a certain age are your best bet.
I can totally relate with you Loki. The hubby and I were seated at a restaurant far away from a screaming child and could still hear the screaming from the other side of the restaurant. Sometimes sitting at another table does not help matters.
sigh i agree.

our movie going experience is now pretty much limited to the alamo draft house. don't really go for the food, and in the eve don't come across to many kids.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM

5,634 posts, read 6,458,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_in_texas View Post

I simply asked if anyone knew of a place to eat that was adult friendly. if i want to eat with kids, then chucky-cheese is the place i go. if i don't, then i can go " insert restaurant here".

simply asking the waitress to move (btw, do it all the time) does not solve the underlying problem.

care to try again?

I feel your pain. As someone who doesn't have kids, I have a hard time dealing with other people's kids when they misbehave badly in public.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-26-2011 at 07:48 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 06:49 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,185,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_in_texas View Post

Quote:
Well, thank YOU for the useless thread. Just a bit of reality for you, but the world isn't necessarily set up for your comfort and enjoyment. If you really can't figure out what restaurants are more conducive to families and which aren't, then maybe you shouldn't be so critical of other people's kids and spend more of your time trying to figure out the obvious!

Quote:
So this is an ongoing problem, eh? Maybe it's not the kids that are the issue!

Quote:
care to try again?
Honestly, I don't know why I bother; because I can tell your are predisposed to complain about kids at family restaurants (seriously, IHOP? What were you expecting? Candles and violinists?!?). Wow, maybe your first clue would be to figure out a place that doesn't do kid's menus! Here's another hint, when some of the items on the menu look like this...

...it's NOT what you're looking for!

Clear enough for ya?!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-26-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio