Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:48 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,394,832 times

Advertisements

Blockbuster has NO competition on Redbox! Absolutely none. There are like what 5 in the whole city? Ha.

Redbox has like millions in the whole city. Ok, yes, exaggeration but it's true....Blockbuster has very few kiosks (at least in San Antonio). Blockbuster is like the SuperWalmart of local grocery stores. Redbox is like the HEB of grocery stores.

Just in the past couple of months, Redbox added another kiosk to my frequent HEB location: 300 W Olmos.

It was probably because of me renting all the blu rays and dvds over the past couple of years there! It was very common to see people dropping off and renting movies there at many of my trips to HEB; I guess Redbox realized that this particular location needed another one to keep up with the demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyonthursSA View Post
they are probably breaking down per day like Redbox.
At times, the Redbox kiosks do have little problems here and there. The great thing is Redbox will refund you any amount if a kiosk has problems with you returning a rented movie.

Just by asking, I've also gotten a few free movie credits here and there for reporting malfunctioning kiosks to their toll-free number.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgie View Post
I found out that if you go to redbox website www.redbox.com find a movie, you can reserve it at any redbox location for you to pick up.
Yup! I've been doing this for nearly 2 years. It's a great little feature.

Another tip I'll give everyone: all the new movies go live RIGHT AT MIDNIGHT every Monday of the week (early Tuesday morning).

So you can always go on redbox.com and a couple of minutes after midnight you can start "reserving" your newly released blu ray movies for the week.

I usually do this 2 to 4 times a month depending on the movies that are coming out (and if I like them, etc).

Old 12-23-2011, 08:19 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,419,062 times
I rarely find any good movies in Redbox, so I don't even waste my time anymore.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:28 AM

239 posts, read 440,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
I rarely find any good movies in Redbox, so I don't even waste my time anymore.

Aren't you a negative nancy....whats next you are gonna tell me Santa isn't real?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:26 AM

40 posts, read 48,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyonthursSA View Post
Aren't you a negative nancy....whats next you are gonna tell me Santa isn't real?
... neither is the easter bunny

Old 12-23-2011, 10:36 AM

239 posts, read 440,527 times
^^ you totally ruined my year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio