U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM

2,909 posts, read 2,429,992 times

Advertisements

I got a citation for running a red light in some town called Rowlett, Tx.

Well, my first reaction was this was a scam as I have never set foot in this city but after reading the details, the car is using the license plates of a truck I traded in back in 2008.

I am not sure how to handle this because I have never dealt with a red light camera ticket or someone using plates registered in my name.

The truck was a Ford F150 and the pictures show a white car! (looks like a Mitsubishi but the picture is kinda dark)

Anyone here have advice how to handle this? Should I just ignore it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 08:47 PM

3,311 posts, read 3,203,051 times
Don't ignore it. Take care of it ASAP (after the holidays, of course) and tell the punk revenue generators to stick it where the shine don't shine.....with paperwork.

Do you still have all the paperwork confirming the trade-in? That should be good enough. I'm surprised why you didn't take the plates off yourself and turn them in to the DMV? Aren't we supposed to do that to prevent situations such as this one?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 PM

Wow, would you look at these punks? Was your "citation" $75? How much is the fine they're asking for?

(Well, that copy paste of the red light camera locations didn't work. You can find them here: http://www.photoenforced.com/)

Rowlett Texas Speed Traps | The National Speed Trap Exchange

Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Don't ignore it. Take care of it ASAP (after the holidays, of course) and tell the punk revenue generators to stick it where the shine don't shine.....with paperwork.

Do you still have all the paperwork confirming the trade-in? That should be good enough. I'm surprised why you didn't take the plates off yourself and turn them in to the DMV? Aren't we supposed to do that to prevent situations such as this one?
I didn't. I should have. Now I know better.

Yes, it is $75 dollars.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,499,472 times
Absolutely do not ignore it unless you want to be handcuffed and hauled in on a warrant when you least expect it. Attack it head on. You can get is fixed by going down and showing them that you don't own the vehicle that was ticketed.

Anytime you sell a car, either pull the plates off of it (forcing them to re-register it), or march down to the local county clerk with them and have them change the title over immediately.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Absolutely do not ignore it unless you want to be handcuffed and hauled in on a warrant when you least expect it. Attack it head on. You can get is fixed by going down and showing them that you don't own the vehicle that was ticketed.

Anytime you sell a car, either pull the plates off of it (forcing them to re-register it), or march down to the local county clerk with them and have them change the title over immediately.
Red light camera citations are civil citations, not criminal ones. You don't get points on your license and you don't get hauled in on warrants. What you DO get is harassed by debt collectors.

Good luck, MattTx! Fight these punk revenue generators that don't even bother to check who the vehicle belongs to! Also, something tells me there might be more to the situation than meets the eye: what if your plates were put on a stolen Mitsubishi? Hmmmm....

Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Red light camera citations are civil citations, not criminal ones. You don't get points on your license and you don't get hauled in on warrants. What you DO get is harassed by debt collectors.

Good luck, MattTx! Fight these punk revenue generators that don't even bother to check who the vehicle belongs to! Also, something tells me there might be more to the situation than meets the eye: what if your plates were put on a stolen Mitsubishi? Hmmmm....
I hope not. It was "verified and signed off" by a cop there by the name of Hoff. I guess this cop can't tell the difference between a Ford F150 truck that the plates are registered to and a small white car.

Either way I will just dig up the paperwork from the trade-in and send it to them. Lesson learned.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I hope not. It was "verified and signed off" by a cop there by the name of Hoff. I guess this cop can't tell the difference between a Ford F150 truck that the plates are registered to and a small white car.

Either way I will just dig up the paperwork from the trade-in and send it to them. Lesson learned.
Their priority isn't justice nor safety. It's revenue generation.

Don't forget to send them copies. You might need the originals in a trial or something if these punks don't drop the obvious case right before their eyes.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 PM

21,456 posts, read 23,293,449 times
I wonder about something else: why the license plates of a truck you traded in back in 2008 tracked the truck back to you.
I would send them a copy of all paperwork confirming the trade-in AND try to find out why the truck is still registered in your name ( except the cops used old database ).
When in doubt read: ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I wonder about something else: why the license plates of a truck you traded in back in 2008 tracked the truck back to you.
I would send them a copy of all paperwork confirming the trade-in AND try to find out why the truck is still registered in your name ( except the cops used old database ).
Don't you just love incompetence and revenue generation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio