U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-03-2012, 03:02 PM

2,663 posts, read 1,317,540 times

Advertisements

i am looking to go on a cruise in june. i am not sure if it is cheaper to buy it online or real a real travel agent. Also what can i expect to pay at the ship. are the tips included in my fare. i am going out of galveston. what do you recommend, i really want to find a good deal so i can spend at the stops.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 PM

239 posts, read 237,078 times
online is cheaper from my experiences

Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM

100 posts, read 143,971 times
We always book directly through the cruise lines. You can opt to prepay your gratuities otherwise with a majority of cruise lines they arent going to be included. If you drink alcohol, prepare to shell out plenty of money on board for it. Some cruise lines will let you bring a bottle of wine per person and non alcoholic beverages- check with the individual lines. But otherwise, just keep your receipts and go through them daily. This way it will not be a surprise if you get a $300 bar tab at the end of your trip. Aside from that, any other fees would be on specialty restaurants, gambling, or gift shop purchases.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:19 PM

431 posts, read 244,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i am looking to go on a cruise in june. i am not sure if it is cheaper to buy it online or real a real travel agent. Also what can i expect to pay at the ship. are the tips included in my fare. i am going out of galveston. what do you recommend, i really want to find a good deal so i can spend at the stops.
make sure you get an onboard credit with whomever you use

i can refer you if you like. I cruise 3+ times a year

Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,033,097 times
Book directly with the line and make sure you check out every possible discount. I know NCL seems pretty hard-up right now with as many emails as they keep sending me. They're a good line, too. Definitely much better than Carnival. Read other websites as well. There's one in particular that is very good with cruises. Shouldn't be hard to find..

Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM

761 posts, read 971,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeddie View Post
I cruise 3+ times a year
then you must plenty of time on yourhands and you must be one very rich person! cruising is expensive. of course I've never been on one because I can afford a air ticket than a cruise fare.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
then you must plenty of time on yourhands and you must be one very rich person! cruising is expensive. of course I've never been on one because I can afford a air ticket than a cruise fare.
no, i just dont book with the $$ lines and i cruise off season

most of my cruises cost $600 for 2

work smarter not harder. Im going on one in feb for $1000(i splurged its my birthday) with an aft balcony and thats for 2 people plus a $150 obc

Old 01-03-2012, 04:30 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,033,097 times
Timing is definitely important as well. The last couple of Alaskan cruises are the best for that location. The stores in the ports are all ready to close and practially giving away things. Prices were like 90% off in some places.
It's also usually cheaper than a conventional vacation, but you have absolutely zero control over things going wrong, like an azipod breaking or a hurricane closing a port.. been there and done both of them. Paka lost her entire car during one, but I think she liked the replacement more than the original

Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM

out of Galveston you are looking around $600 pp in june may is $400 just fyi
this is carnival

Old 01-03-2012, 04:35 PM

239 posts, read 237,078 times
^^what theeddie said...you don't need to be rolling in the dough to take a nice cruise. Its all about planning and finding a great deal online. I know for a fact Royal Caribbean always has tons of online specials throughout the year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio