Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 AM

418 posts, read 784,299 times

Advertisements

For the most part, I find those living in the area to be friendly
and helpful... but have found that all bets are off when behind
the wheel or grocery shopping where behavior can quickly
deteriorate to downright obnoxious.

This morning for example around 6:30am at the HEB I'm minding
my business selecting and picking up a few items for the next
few days... I'm at the meat counter making a selection when an
impatient woman crowds me and reaches right in front to browse
the items directly in front of me. Now, I'm 6'2" 240 lbs so I'm not
easy to shove around but they sure try.

Does anyone else experience this behavior... and does it grind your
gears when it happens?

I'm pretty mild mannered and easy to get along with but this behavior
really grinds my gears. I'm completely different in reversed roles in the
above situation... I'll wait patiently in the background without crowding
the other person for my turn -or- I'll move on with my shopping and
return to that counter later.

BTW, anyone know where I can obtain cheese cloth locally out in the
Schertz area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Home Depot usually has it in the paint department....

Old 11-23-2011, 06:50 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
HEB shoppers are the worst. Compound that with my total dislike of HEB in general and that's why I stayed away. Those scooters should require a note from a doctor and also scooter etiquette classes prior to them plopping their rears down in them. Also, if you're LAST in line and a fresh line opens, the customer service person should NOT let you jet over to the fresh line. Hate that so much!!!! And finally, what is so hard to understand about 10 items or less, and why won't the cashier say anything to the one who can't count???? To me, it's TERRIBLE customer service if you allow them to stay when they clearly have double the amount of items.

*these are MY opinions. If you don't agree, carry on.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I'm with ya, Texans used to be the most politest people you'd meet; but it seems that over the past few years things have gotten a bit less "civil."

I am kinda used to some rudeness as it is more common (and accepted) in Europe; but here I always grind my teeth a little when people walk in front of me without excusing themselves, or seeing men not holding the door for women, children or the elderly, or just general rudeness. I hope we are better than that, but it appears the standards of conduct in society are slipping...

Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
HEB shoppers are the worst. Compound that with my total dislike of HEB in general and that's why I stayed away. Those scooters should require a note from a doctor and also scooter etiquette classes prior to them plopping their rears down in them. Also, if you're LAST in line and a fresh line opens, the customer service person should NOT let you jet over to the fresh line. Hate that so much!!!! And finally, what is so hard to understand about 10 items or less, and why won't the cashier say anything to the one who can't count???? To me, it's TERRIBLE customer service if you allow them to stay when they clearly have double the amount of items.

*these are MY opinions. If you don't agree, carry on.
I recall one time at Target, someone was in the limited item lane (I don't remember what Target sets their limit at) with her item count exceeding the posted limit. She waited in line and when it was her turn to check out, the cashier refused to complete the transaction. She ended up throwing all of her items back into the cart and storming off to another lane. It was quite funny now that I think about it since this thread reminds me of that incident.

What did not amuse me was that the manager of the checkout lanes came over and spoke to the cashier about "rude customer service" in front of the others waiting in line. I felt bad for the cashier because she was just doing her job.

This is why people ignore those signs I guess. They feel that customer service "entitlement" matters more than that sign.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I'm with ya, Texans used to be the most politest people you'd meet; but it seems that over the past few years things have gotten a bit less "civil."

I am kinda used to some rudeness as it is more common (and accepted) in Europe; but here I always grind my teeth a little when people walk in front of me without excusing themselves, or seeing men not holding the door for women, children or the elderly, or just general rudeness. I hope we are better than that, but it appears the standards of conduct in society are slipping...
Some women don't like the door being held open for them. Trust me, I have found this out before.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:58 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,255 times
That may be true; I've never run into it and I don't plan on letting a couple people changing my behavior for the worse.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Some women don't like the door being held open for them. Trust me, I have found this out before.
no one likes to have a door slammed in their face. Hold the door open for 'em, trust me.

My one shopping gripe is people who stand right in front of the deli / meat counter (or leave their cart right up against the display case) and don't let other customers see the meats/prices. Place your order or grab a number and then step back people!

REALLY can't stand shoppers who crowd me at the checkout line though. It is none of your business how much I'm spending today. If someone comes right up next to me as I'm checking out I often turn to them and say, "How wonderful!! Are you paying my bill today!?"

Dreading my trip to the store today.....it's going to be a mob scene.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 AM

204 posts, read 336,098 times
I stopped going to HEB. It's always a madhouse.

Target is far less crowded, cleaner, and a better overall experience.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 AM

418 posts, read 784,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post

Dreading my trip to the store today.....it's going to be a mob scene.
That was my reason for rising at the crack of dawn to hit HEB at 6am.

I remember dropping into HEB last Christmas for a coupla essentials only
to find the express lineup almost all the way down one aisle.

Target is definitely a cut above Walmart and HEB... but they don't have
everything I need at the one in The Forum.

Oh... my thanks to whoever suggested Home Depot for cheese cloth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio