U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 PM

5 posts, read 20,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' The TriCities View Post
I have to agree. It's pretty barbaric.

About the only reason to do the cosmetic surgeries like tail docking and ear cropping is if you have a hunting dog whose tail would get tangled and damaged by underbrush.

And even then, I'm willing to argue it's still barbaric.
You dont really think underbrush is going to harm a dogs tail do you?
Now I have heard everything...

Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 PM

I have owned a Great Dane, My sister has had several Danes.. including a boxer and had his ears cropped...and had no problems at all with him..In fact...when the dogs ears are uncropped there are a number of issues with its ears.. Number one the ears can tear because of their weight as well as doing eye damage when they shake their heads, ear infections if not taken care of properly..Have seen those incidents happening...In the long run you can go back and forth on this issue but to each their own..I will always have my Danes ears cropped.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
Oh please, please PLEASE do not do this to your sweet new puppy. It is not necessary at all!!! Since you are not going to show her (or him), there is no need to put her through the pain of ear cropping. Please research this. Min pins look SO cute without cropped ears!!! It is cosmetic only!!! It is even against the law in the UK bc it is considered so cruel.

Just google this- "ear cropping cruel"

I hope you reconsider.
Its a personal choice...I say go for it..

Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' The TriCities View Post
And yet, you are going to offer up your beautiful puppy, a creature that is perfect in God's eyes, to have its ears brutally mutilated. The poster doth protest too much.

You know, they used to regularly dock a horse's tail. It was to give them a dashing, jaunty air as they pulled a coach, or were ridden in fashionable parks. Now it's considered to be cruel beyond measure. Tail docking, ear cropping and declawing are all on their way out for the same reason.

It is already against the law to crop ears on dogs in many other countries including the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Tail docking is banned in Great Britain, Greece, Italy, and Portugal. Both tail docking and ear cropping are banned in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Israel, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, South Africa, Cyprus, and the Virgin Islands. The Italian cities of Turin and Rome ban both of these practices.

Ad hominem attacks are the sign of a person who doesn't have a valid argument to make.
Think its time to get off of your little Church soap box...
They asked for info not a sermon on the right or wrongs of ear cropping from you..

Old 07-29-2008, 08:27 AM

57 posts, read 163,906 times
Thanks so much to the wonderful person that at this most devistating time im my families life decided to bring this nearly year old topic up... Please go to MySpace and look up Connie Robbe. The dog that inquestion has many pictures there WITH HER EARS STILL IN TACT..... I talked to my vet Dr. Kenny Patin and decided against cropping them. I think you must be the lowest type of human being there is as you surely read the beautiful sympaties left for my during the recent loss of my son and yet you choose to assault me anyway.... May the world give you back what you give out.... If anybody knows how to get the moderator to remove this post I would dearly love you for it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio