U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 04:32 PM

33 posts, read 99,616 times

Advertisements

Hi, this morning I woke up this morning to find that my beloved dogs of several years were taken out of my backyard or escaped thru a loose board that my neighbor knows nothing about in how they escaped thru the backyard of there house. Any help other in this area that can assist me with this will be greatly appreciated in this endeavor. They are two mixed breed dogs to be on the lookout for. The first is a male Collie mix named Xavier. He looks alot like Lassie and is very friendly and high energy. He has a Reddish/Sandy brown coat and comfortable around people he knows. The second is named Trixy and it a female German Sheppard/Rhodesian Ridge back mix with a very friendly attitude and trained demenor. SHe also has a reddish brown coat thats short cropped and a little on the healthy side. I've attach photos to help is anyone sees them. Normally they are inseparable so if you find one the other is probably close by. If you do find them please contact me day or night by PM (Private Message)
Attached Thumbnails
Missing/Stolen Dogs Walzem 1976 Area-5813_116166369125_807679125_2997778_136515_n.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 04:39 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,373,108 times
I can not even imagine your heartbreak and pray for their safe return. Our fur baby is a member of the family for sure and to not know where she is would be most difficult. Please keep us posted and praying for quick find and return of both.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:04 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,192,397 times
be sure to post on craigslist, ebay classifieds, petfinder, etc etc.

call your vet and let him/her know that your pooch is missing.

i lost my Dexter for 3 days before i moved into this house. the idiot furball had managed to get trapped under my floor while the maintenance guys were replacing a space in my hallway. i was pretty shaken up til we found him

also, GET HIM MICROCHIPPED!

Old 01-23-2012, 07:40 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,187,186 times
Hope their found

Old 01-24-2012, 08:06 AM

33 posts, read 99,616 times
Talking They are Back

Thanks for the well wishies. One dog came back at 5:30 AM and the other came to my door at 6:30 AM. I'm so happy they are back and safe. It looks like someone had them because their coats had been freshly brushed. I also heard do have been stolen from the area. I'm grateful they are back in my home. BTW they are microchiped, but I may look into the GPS collar that has been advertised on tv. Does anyone have info on that?

Thanks,
Tiffany

Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 AM

581 posts, read 1,038,776 times
We got the GPS collar for one of my dogs because he's a digger and jumper. Fences are nothing for this guy. The idea was good but execution wasn't. Collar was fairly big and clumbersome. Plus not designed well. My dog LOVES to scratch and at times appears he's going to draw blood because he does it so hard but after a few days of his scratching, it broke. Of course we could take it off and on when we go outside but I forget my keys all the time so I'd forget to put it on.

But the best defense from having my pooch get away that worked for me was never leaving him outside unsupervised.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 AM

413 posts, read 653,719 times
I really don't understand the point of owning a dog if you're going to leave it outside. Dogs are social, pack animals. They need attention and something to do to alleviate their boredom otherwise they do things like breaking through fences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio