Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 AM

409 posts, read 1,034,134 times

Advertisements

Texas workforce commission might be able to help you too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Several years back, HEB hired felons. Not sure if they still do but it's worth checking in to. Best of luck to you and your family.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
I thought I once heard about Project Rio that was just for situations like this.

Project RIO (http://www.hotworkforce.com/Jobseeker/ProjectRIO.php - broken link)

Old 02-02-2012, 02:34 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
If you're hunting for hard work with good pay, look south of San Antonio (Eagle Ford). There is a huge boom going on with companies discovering oil and natural gas in the shale down there late last year. A buddy of mine says they cannot find workers fast enough and are actually hiring people from out of the country (and not just Mexico) to fill the positions. It's worth looking into...

Good luck! M2

Old 02-02-2012, 02:37 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
I was going to recommend oil, too - best of luck to you!

Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,227 times
I work for a company that does background investigations. There are laws that govern how far back a company can go on criminal records. In Texas, I do not believe employers should not be looking at any CONVICTIONS older than 7 years unless you are considered "highly compensated" meaning you make over 75k per year. I'm not even sure employers are allowed to even ask you about convictions older than 7 years. Some industries are exempt from this rule i.e. financial institutions for example can go all the way back to your 18th birthday. Many employers only ask for felony convictions within the past 7 years although more and more are asking about ANY convictions within the past 7 years. I say keep applying and if they do not ask you about convictions older than 7 years, you are not obligated to tell them. Good luck to you

Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
Someone mentioned Goodwill. They actually have a program that helps people in similar situations get back to work. The conviction must be non violent however.

Goodwill of San Antonio

Best of luck to you and your family.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,593 times
Default Here's One Lead,

This is where I send people who are desperately seeking work, at what, matters not.
San Antonio Construction Jobs
There are openings for anything from Project Managers to General Laborers
and even Internships and many positions in between.
Do you have any experience or training at anything ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjosmily View Post
hello, im in need of help plz,i have a family and bills and cant get a job cause of my past convictions.im a changed man and have not got in trouble in over 8 yrs.i need to work plz.is there anybody that can refer me to a job that they work at or know of any companys that are hire people with a past. im at the end of my rope somebody plz help me.thank you and god bless you.

Last edited by huckster; 02-09-2012 at 09:54 AM..

Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 PM

168 posts, read 530,004 times
Truck driving also. Can you drive a truck? And there are lots of lil' places, but some want to know what type of conviction because most hire non violent, or non serious a lil more easy. But I definitely believe and have seen the greatest change in the world in a few, so I know you can. And you gotta keep your mind right not to go back. You should go to Church, not just because they can help you figure out something, but because you need that fellowship. It talks about not forsaking that fellowship. It will help your mind and keep you strong also. Why don't you try this one... you should really go talk to Pastor Craig here who's realllly cool and knowledgeable and they need help with things sometimes I believe..... he knows. Christian Family Church Windsor Park all the info is there on the site to contact Church campus address:
Christian Family Church Windsor Park
4555 Walzem Rd, Ste 1
San Antonio, TX 78218

Office Tel: (210) 654-3100 ...in San Antonio. They are an off shoot of other one... this one ......
Christian Family Church San Antonio and

then there is ... Counselor | Pro-Claim for Mike Barber Ministries if you know about em'. They be on TBN and ooh wee, theyre goood and help prisoners cause of this very situation and things like that. Hey, try everything. Don't give up. Check out some of these videos of these dudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: