Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 6,326 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to San Antonio My husband is a bus driver here in NJ. He likes to travel. Looking for something that does tours not just transit. But we will not be ruling anything out. Is there any companies to stay away from?

Also any Class B driver jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
I don't know much about tour bus jobs, but I know some companies are looking for Class B drivers to drive box trucks and other large vehicles. VIA is a transit company and is always hiring. They start you out part-time, but if you have a good attendance record during training and don't get into any accidents while driving part-time, you can go full-time pretty quickly. I drove part-time for a month before I went into full-time training. VIA will overwork you until you get seniority and a regular route. Coach America is a charter bus company and they will overwork you too.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 AM

3 posts, read 6,326 times
well he is over worked lol he works 6 days a week pretty much.Of coarse not going over hours, so thats not a problem ...more work means more money

I know Nj pay is Different to Tx pay, so thats another problem..whats decent/good paying money wise

Old 02-05-2012, 08:29 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
VIA starts at $13.87 an hour, but I don't know if that is their part-time pay. When I worked there several years ago, they paid an extra dollar an hour for full-time bus drivers. Pay from $13 to $15 an hour is okay for a single person or a couple without kids. The median household income in San Antonio from 2006-2010 was just over $43k.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:49 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,368 times
since he likes to travel, is he willing to travel all around the country and have his residence in san antonio or only stay local? i know of a few sites that are regularly seeking drivers for mobile marketing tours. heck, i left sa after graduating college to join one. pm if youd like some of that info if he doesnt already have it.

otherwise, i dont know a lot about sa in city transit drivers. id just check craigslist under transport.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:20 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,920 times
i know this is rather older and I wasnt sure if you found something but you might want to see if your husband would consider working for Taylor Tours out of arizona. They specifically drive for bands. My dad works for them and is currently driving a group named asking alexandria. its a lot of work but he averages between 5-8k a month. he does have to run a lot of night hours and is generally home for 60 days out of the year.

My dad worked for greyhound for 20 years and then Coach USA or Coachamerica which was formerly Kerrville Bus Co. for about 10.

Its good money if you can handle your husband being gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio