Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:02 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times

Advertisements

Been to every "big" city in this state and most small towns most people have never heard of. I would NEVER compare San Antonio to El Paso. There are more differences than there are similarities. What, they both have a large population of people w/ brown skin that happen to speak Spanish? What large city in this country does not have that now? To me, not even close. Oh yeah, I'm from Dallas. I like SA. It is a nice area.

As for the accident that you witnessed and the "not knowing how to drive in rain". You know that drought we have right now? Well, when it does rain all of that oil from the cars that has collected in the streets gets VERY SLIPPERY. It just takes some people longer to "adjust" to a totally different driving surface .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2006, 05:01 PM

65 posts, read 305,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
As for the accident that you witnessed and the "not knowing how to drive in rain". You know that drought we have right now? Well, when it does rain all of that oil from the cars that has collected in the streets gets VERY SLIPPERY. It just takes some people longer to "adjust" to a totally different driving surface .
Yes, this is very true escpecially for motorcycles should never drive in the center where you see the most oil. Like I said they do not have the experience or evan the understanding of the oil, hydroplaneing ect. I am not taking about older experienced drivers but younger drivers in general. Its no different than driving in a snow storm up here. There are always accident's during the first snow.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:10 AM

3 posts, read 6,297 times
I have to disagree that SA and Houston is similar. I just got back from visiting the two citities for investment purposes. I found SA to be hilly, lush and filled with a variety of communities, like Los Angeles where I am from. I found Houston to be flat, spread out and lacked that community feel - it had neighborhoods and was not as lush or hilly.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM

944 posts, read 3,063,116 times
Yeah, I've never been able to figure out why people in SA keep driving off the road for no apparent reason, and end up in ditches, going into traffic signs, light poles, etc. (single-car accidents). I tell my students about this every time I see one of these unexplained accidents. They always laugh and tell me "Oh, people in SA can't drive." So even the local people know about this and joke about it. It's no big deal. You just have to defend yourself against it.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:49 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Default There are Lots of Reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Yeah, I've never been able to figure out why people in SA keep driving off the road for no apparent reason, and end up in ditches, going into traffic signs, light poles, etc. (single-car accidents). I tell my students about this every time I see one of these unexplained accidents. They always laugh and tell me "Oh, people in SA can't drive." So even the local people know about this and joke about it. It's no big deal. You just have to defend yourself against it.
Reasons:

Drunk, drugged, going to fast, reckless driving (in-out of traffic), talking on cell phone, not paying attention/being distracted. Oh yeah, not adjusting for bad weather (rain...go faster).

Tip: If you're the first person at a red light that turns green, be sure to look both ways before you go.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,433 times
Quote:
There are Lots of Reasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685

Reasons:

Drunk, drugged, going to fast, reckless driving (in-out of traffic), talking on cell phone, not paying attention/being distracted. Oh yeah, not adjusting for bad weather (rain...go faster).

Tip: If you're the first person at a red light that turns green, be sure to look both ways before you go.
Oh my it sounds like where I'm at. People waiting until the last moment to pull
out in front of you and then creep along. That runs rampant where I'm at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio