Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 AM

580 posts, read 1,427,267 times

Advertisements

Hi, folks.

I'm looking for a little C-D Forum magic this morning!

I've been thinking about arranging a little weekend getaway 1-2 hours outside of San Antonio for me and my lady as a Valentine's Day gift. (The trip won't be this weekend, but later on.) Does anyone know of any nice spots not too far from our lovely city? A cabin would be great, as would good scenery and maybe even a hot tub/hot springs or at least a heated pool.

Please send in some suggestions, if you have any.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,360,759 times
Trois Estate At Enchanted Rock? Not too far and gets good reviews. I have never stayed, but did enjoy a trip to Enchanted Rock State Park a few years ago.

Resorts in Fredericksburg TX & Texas Hill Country | Trois Estate

Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,573,483 times
Foxfire Cabins. Practically across the highway from Lost Maples State Park.

Foxfire Cabins, Texas Hill Country Cabins on the Sabinal River. Biker friendly, Family Oriented, Pet Friendly

Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 AM

905 posts, read 1,626,150 times
San Piper Condos in Mustang Island. The coast is winderful this time of year.

Port Aransas Sandpiper Beachfront Resort

Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 19,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
Hi, folks.

I'm looking for a little C-D Forum magic this morning!

I've been thinking about arranging a little weekend getaway 1-2 hours outside of San Antonio for me and my lady as a Valentine's Day gift. (The trip won't be this weekend, but later on.) Does anyone know of any nice spots not too far from our lovely city? A cabin would be great, as would good scenery and maybe even a hot tub/hot springs or at least a heated pool.

Please send in some suggestions, if you have any.

Thanks!
Stony Ridge Ranch near Hondo.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM

170 posts, read 289,459 times
I don't know if this is your thing or not, but there are also a ton of wineries in the hill country you could visit. There are also quite a few bed and breakfast inns if you're not deadset on the whole "ranch" thing.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,412,735 times
We adore the Full Moon B&B near Fredericksburg. Not sure if it would still have availablility for Valentines day, but you need to check it out for a great getaway!

Fredericksburg Texas TX Bed and Breakfast (830) 997-2205 Best Fredericksburg Texas, B&B FBG TX

Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 PM

188 posts, read 614,854 times
I can recommend some places we've tried & liked:

Near Lost Maples state park is The Lodges at Lost Maples - very nice, and she serves a delicious breakfast to your cabin!
Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast

Closer to town are some neat treehouses near Canyon Lake - never been but we've got a trip planned.
River Road Treehouses

Up in Kingsland is a cool place that is on a lake, is very pretty, and you can stay in a train car!!
Antlers Hotel in Kingsland, Texas The restaurant there was the original building used in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.

There is always the drive to Lake Buchanan and stay at the Canyon of the Eagles.
Hill Country Resorts, Texas Hill Country Resort: Canyon of the Eagles, A Calibre Resort
We did that a few years ago - it was great. You can take a river cruise, see lots of wildlife, and the stars are amazing. That place also has the benefit of a very nice restaurant on site with amazing views.

Last but not least I can't recommend the Serengeti Resort enough - it's close (in Bergheim) but when you're there you seem a million miles away. Lovely wines, nice scenery, you can drive a golf cart around the "serengeti" and feed animals out of your hand... did I mention great wines... and the lodging is very nice too. Cabins, guest rooms, or a tent (which sounds rustic but it so isn't). Oh and they do have a hot-tub, and an outdoor pool but it's not heated I don't think.
The Serengeti Resort

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-07-2012 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: repaired link per OP

Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,412,735 times
If you are willing to drive a little farther, we TOTALLY recommend you try out Fossil Rim Wild Life Preserve.

It is a lodge type of place, but has "tent cabins" as well near the feeding hole for the animals. We did the "behind the scene" tour where we got up close and personal with many of the wildlife animals....totally awesome!!!

The place is an old "hunting lodge" for a ubber wealthy oil type that did the lodge in the Playboy style back in the day...each room in the lodge has sliding glass doors to the outside and a fireplace. Cool place for sure.

Fossil Rim Wildlife Center

Old 02-07-2012, 01:22 PM

580 posts, read 1,427,267 times
Love these suggestions, folks!

There are some pretty enticing options that people have already mentioned, but please free feel to chime in if you haven't already.

Many thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio