Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
No, you still don't get it. There are no layers. I just don't always agree with your "information" and certainly don't always agree with how you present your information.

We can make this about you, but it is more about the cop in you than anything else.
Sure it is a layer. You honestly dont like "the cop in me" and "how I present my information" You admit as much.

You dont often challenge my information, you challenge me. That is obvious to "get"

You are far more concerned with the messenger than the message. You may very well be right about me but it doesnt change the information I have.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM

413 posts, read 741,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
I doubt all 6 of them will be brought up on the same charges. That is not often how it works anyways.
Agreed. The union will fight to save 5 officers. The 6th, likely the most junior one, will be the sacrificial lamb. And this is the reason for all the hostility.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:00 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,986 times
My question is......why did it take 7 officers to respond to this wreck? No one was injured, no other vehicle was involved, no one fled the scene, there was no "officer down" call......takes 1 officer to write the report.....why 7? How many officers would show up if the exact same thing happened to one of us?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:21 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
My question is......why did it take 7 officers to respond to this wreck? No one was injured, no other vehicle was involved, no one fled the scene, there was no "officer down" call......takes 1 officer to write the report.....why 7? How many officers would show up if the exact same thing happened to one of us?
First of all, it takes multiple officers to make a scene on a public road safe for an investigation. Multiple "officer" is SOP in that case.

Second of all, when it is an Officer, you have to call your supervisor...in this case it WAS a supervisor...so even "higher ups" had to be called.

Again, all fairly standard and proper.

Last edited by Neshomamench; 02-08-2012 at 12:36 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Sure it is a layer. You honestly dont like "the cop in me" and "how I present my information" You admit as much.

You dont often challenge my information, you challenge me. That is obvious to "get"

You are far more concerned with the messenger than the message. You may very well be right about me but it doesnt change the information I have.
Why must you keep flattering yourself and keep insisting that I am concerned with the messenger?

As far as information goes, you are welcome to share all you want. Just stop trying to act like a judge and saying "well...this is how it is....and you are wrong....etc etc". Again, your contex and style reeks of arrogance and THAT is what I have a problem with.

As some of us said here before: We can just agree to disagree.

The End (for me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio