Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 10:03 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post
So I’m driving in San Antonio when I see…..a weathered, older model compact with what looks like a small frame on top, both frame and car covered entirely by posters featuring images of Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Gandhi, among others and the words: “We are here” and “Freedom Fighters”. It was too much to take in at first glance. I saw this twice on Highway 90 and then again on 151. Wow! It certainly broke the monotony of my daily drive.
Bout time!

Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Last night, on my way home on I-10 westbound around 4:20 pm, just before where the ramps from 410 join the main lanes of 10, traffic slowed to a crawl. As I managed to get around the slow down, I spotted the cause. In the middle lane of the freeway, there was a 40-45 year old woman in a red convertible Suzuki Side Kick or similar, going 30 mph. No kidding....30 mph. This was because she was actually driving with her elbows as she was using BOTH HANDS to text on her cell phone. She was completely oblivious to any and all traffic around her. People like this should lose their license....period. The put so many other people at risk because they cannot wait to read/reply to a stupid text message.
Probably posting here on City-Data...

Old 09-21-2012, 06:59 AM

410 posts, read 923,649 times
....a line of about 8 people outside a Verizon Wireless store. (just before 7 am).....

Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM

......a Justin Bieber look-alike, opened door to his jeep with Florida plates at a red light in a busy intersection, and promptly spits out a giant gob of white stuff for all to see...eeeeeeek!! "Say now young man, I don't know how they do things in Florida, but here in the great state of Texas, we use a spitoon fashioned out of a Lone Star Beer can for such tasks." (7 a.m.)

Old 09-25-2012, 08:50 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
A few weeks ago I was driving inbound 10 between Vance Jackson and the split and traffic comes to like the slowest I've ever seen it. I was certain I was going to be late for work. There were no signs on transguide indicating an accident. The further up I got...I saw a spun out truck taking up half the edge of the left lane and I cop giving it a ticket. There was no one in the car. I was so confused, but not late for work.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:49 AM

46 posts, read 75,325 times
Default Rear end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
So, I experienced this event on my morning commute today. Coming into to SA on I-10 from Boerne, I was going past the Ralph Fair Rd. on ramp. I get into the left lane (10 is 2 lanes wide here) to allow traffic coming on to merge. One rocket scientist goes from the on ramp to left lane, right in front of me going all of 40 mph. I was doing 70, the posted speed limit and had to stand on my brakes to keep from rear ending CPT Oblivious. I managed to get around him/her on the right. Now, this free thinker had a good 10-12 car lengths between them and the car in front of them and was still doing all of 50mph. I moved back to the left lane to pass a slower car in the right lane leaving a safe 5-6 car lengths between me and the slow oblivious driver. At this point, the clown floors it, starts flashing his head lights, blowing his horn and runs up on my bumper. Comes around me on the right flipping me off, swerving, etc. Apparently, I was unaware the the left lane of I-10 from Ralph Fair to Huebner is reserved for the sole use of this person. He kept it up for a good couple of miles until I was able to peel him off in merging traffic. People like this are the idiots that the SAPD needs to be looking for, not people going 5mph over the speed limit. He will be lucky if he doesn't end up getting rammed or worse by someone with less patience than I have.
After having people in POS trucks/cars do this to me over and over I'm convinced they ARE hoping someone rear ends them so they can sue. I've had meat heads change lanes in front of me when they were stopped at left turns on a red light. I'm not invisible, and they do it just at the right time to have caused an accident....but I look out for them, so I almost expect it/avoid them. I saw a guy in another town literally ride up next to a woman in a nice SUV on his bicycle and JUMP onto her hood....found out later after he went for a ride to the hospital for "unseen injuries" that he had a history of this kind of crap.
Just watching the 9:00 news should tell everyone that people are just nuts.

Last edited by SATXSATX; 09-27-2012 at 08:07 AM..

Old 09-27-2012, 12:42 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,167,649 times
I couldn't have agree more. Makes you wonder how people got their drivers license in the first place.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM

....sitting at a light at 410/Culebra, I notice that McDonald's has added a second menu board/lane, so I drive in for a sundae (yes, on a cool day) but was told that the machine was broken. Sunday sundae fail......

Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 AM

....I see a familiar red, coca-cola truck that pulled up next to me at a light. Hybrid-electric? Wow!! I may have been too busy navigating through SA traffic all this time to notice this before. This is not my picture, got it off the web. I have a regular text phone that proudly wears a dunce hat Happy Friday!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5241/...f4bc2e78ef.jpg

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-17-2012 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted photos require links to be posted only per TOS

Old 10-12-2012, 12:02 PM

56 posts, read 68,626 times
Pulled into the elementary school parking lot the other day to drop my son off and as we were walking to the school, a car in the drop off has in huge letters on the back windshield "Phat B****". Really??? In a school parking lot??? About 3 young kids hopped out of the car........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio