Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 06:43 AM

410 posts, read 923,218 times

Advertisements

....a very humble wood-frame house dripping in christmas lights (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation style.) What the home may have lacked in square footage and $ per said sq ft, they more than made up for in holiday spirit. Also, on my way in to work, hundreds of black birds congregating on telephone lines huddled tightly for warmth. And soon after, people dressed in bright colored costumes in front of St. Alphonsus Church.

Happy Wednesday San Antonio!!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 AM

810 posts, read 1,424,904 times
Obese people (not fat).

Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
A 55-60 year old female driver, at 6:25am with no lights on, ran through the stop light at Walters and the I-35 frontage road, turned right in front of cross traffic with the right of way (green light), swung so wide she crossed into the the oncoming lanes exiting from Ft. Sam, then swung back into the inbound lanes only to straddle the center line until the SAPD car that followed her off of I-35 was able to pull her over.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 AM

......a black Charger Saturday afternoon, parked on overpass --E410, close to I10 exchange, a man setting up tripod with equipment. I thought it was a photographer but friend says it was police setting up radar and he predicted we should be coming up on a cruiser. Sure enough, it was parked off shoulder just down the road. I'd never heard of this but said friend is a truck driver and knows these things better than I. We were en route to Dallas for Pittsburg game. It was a good game--- was surprised by so many Steelers fans. Thought my friends would be among the few wearing their jerseys...

Also, flags of all sizes at half-staff in solemn tribute.

Last edited by SanAntonianByChoice; 12-17-2012 at 09:07 AM..

Old 12-17-2012, 11:51 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post
......a black Charger Saturday afternoon, parked on overpass --E410, close to I10 exchange, a man setting up tripod with equipment. I thought it was a photographer but friend says it was police setting up radar and he predicted we should be coming up on a cruiser. Sure enough, it was parked off shoulder just down the road. I'd never heard of this but said friend is a truck driver and knows these things better than I. We were en route to Dallas for Pittsburg game. It was a good game--- was surprised by so many Steelers fans. Thought my friends would be among the few wearing their jerseys...

They LOVE that spot...I saw 11 cars pulled over a couple of Tuesday mornings ago on my way to TJ's. By the time they got you, you get pulled over before Cherry Ridge exit! Marked, unmarked, SUV and patrol cars. I think they struck GOLD at that location!!!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:18 AM

.....a roughly 6 ft antenna attached to rear bumper of an older model jeep grand cherokee laredo bearing a sticker that read "Big Daddy."

"Break 1-9, Break 1-9 for a 70's flashback."

Groovy. Took me back.....thanks for the heart smile Mr. Jeep.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:07 AM

"Holy wind, Batman!" This morning I saw two completely collapsed shopping cart corrals at HEB, and one that had been shifted along with a neighboring trash can into the middle of parking lot driving lane.

Hold on tight San Antonio!

Old 12-24-2012, 04:12 PM

....an obviously inebriated man staggering through the parking lot of The Lighthouse Baptist Church (?) Saturday night 7 pm. We were headed to a Christmas party in Regency Place off Broadway when we missed our street. So we pulled in to turn around and saw a man with a baseball cap, dirty blond hair, and a flannel shirt walking with exaggerated steps, and swaying from side to side, trying desperately to maintain balance. He disappeared behind the building. The scene reminded me of Dan Akroyd as drunk Santa in Trading Places....."Santa, is that you?"

Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 AM

.....several men wearing hard hats working on a large construction project off East 151. I glanced at the outside temperature sensor which read 31 degrees.

Closer to my office, a large, lanky boxer wearing a baby blue, hooded sweat jacket. Fido was running around in his yard with said hood flapping behind him like a mini flag.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,192,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post

This is an on-going speedtrap. I went through that area a few months ago and when I topped the hill going into the I-10/410 interchange there were all kinds of police vehicles of all types on both sides of I-410 that had vehicles pulled over. Marked, unmarked and motorcycles. Never saw anything like that before. Tread lightly through there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio