U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 AM

4,275 posts, read 6,658,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
They LOVE that spot...I saw 11 cars pulled over a couple of Tuesday mornings ago on my way to TJ's. By the time they got you, you get pulled over before Cherry Ridge exit! Marked, unmarked, SUV and patrol cars. I think they struck GOLD at that location!!!
"they struck GOLD?" So we admit that it's about money & not safety? Glad to see that somebody gets it.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:07 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,179,121 times
Couldn't it be about both?
Honestly, I wish there were more police out on the streets looking for speeding, red light running and general aggressive driving. I see plenty of it every time I drive anywhere.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:29 AM

410 posts, read 809,238 times
I sooooooo agree with you prim8. I often have to accomodate my legal driving to the illegal tactics of others i.e. moving out of a lane in which I'm driving the posted speed limit to accomodate the speeders. It's not right but I do it for my safety.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,381,420 times
It TOTALLY IS ABOUT BOTH!!! I am first in line to sign up for that....BUT you need to understand certain "vantage" points have proved EXTREMELY profitable during these days of diminishing property taxes...if YOU speed, you deserve a ticket... CASE CLOSED!

Old 12-28-2012, 01:41 PM

3,669 posts, read 5,918,357 times
...a "No Peddlers" sign on an intersection with a peddler advertising "Bonsai For Sale".

Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,294,081 times
At least it was bonsai's instead of crappy rugs.....stupid snow leopard rug

Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 PM

6,190 posts, read 8,658,597 times
Earlier in the week I was driving east on 10 headed toward downtown near 410 and came upon some really slow traffic. I was thinking that there was a truck ahead so I moved over to the middle lane...come to find out it was the car in the middle lane holding every up. It was a middle aged man in a bumper sticker covered jetta driving at the most 45 mph. I past him up and glanced in my rear view mirror to see that he had moved over into the far left lane. I was dumb founded by his move and the traffic he had no idea he was holding up.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 PM

265 posts, read 414,619 times
@ Merovee-- Ahhhh IH 35 & Zarzamora.... a hot spot for street beggars. It has been a while since a vendor was brazen enough to set up there, being that to the immediate left of where you took the picture, SAPD traffic DOT enforcement takes all of their tractor trailer detainees under the overpass for intensive inspections and frequently deadlines trucks/drivers in violation. They will call in patrol if they see peddlers or beggars in the area.

The most prevalent beggar at this intersection is the scruffy leg dragger... his running buddy is the genuflecting/sign of the cross pick-imaginary-food-from-his-hat beggar. They usually run in tandem and are never seen on nights of spurs games (coincidence?) They will meet behind the Valero or behind the Olive Garden to collaborate or divy up the toils of their efforts. I have been tempted to conduct video surveillance on these guys or get a news crew to cover these jokers. I strongly suspect their means of transportation in the vicinity.

I've seen SAPD take them into custody before but before too long, these same two are back.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:45 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,918,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John911 View Post
@ Merovee-- Ahhhh IH 35 & Zarzamora.... a hot spot for street beggars. It has been a while since a vendor was brazen enough to set up there, being that to the immediate left of where you took the picture, SAPD traffic DOT enforcement takes all of their tractor trailer detainees under the overpass for intensive inspections and frequently deadlines trucks/drivers in violation. They will call in patrol if they see peddlers or beggars in the area.

The most prevalent beggar at this intersection is the scruffy leg dragger... his running buddy is the genuflecting/sign of the cross pick-imaginary-food-from-his-hat beggar. They usually run in tandem and are never seen on nights of spurs games (coincidence?) They will meet behind the Valero or behind the Olive Garden to collaborate or divy up the toils of their efforts. I have been tempted to conduct video surveillance on these guys or get a news crew to cover these jokers. I strongly suspect their means of transportation in the vicinity.

I've seen SAPD take them into custody before but before too long, these same two are back.
Good eye you have there, yes that is the intersection. Loving the analysis you have provided! Spurs games, lol, that does make sense.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM

6,190 posts, read 8,658,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Good eye you have there, yes that is the intersection. Loving the analysis you have provided! Spurs games, lol, that does make sense.
Maybe they have season tickets? lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio