Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 03:47 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times

Advertisements

OMG!!! IF ONLY I could have gotten my phone out to capture this on camera....a HOT pink older cadallic that had WHITE sidedoors with HOT PINK handles and had some "quote written across both doors on the bottom" drive by.......2 GUYS!!!! LOL ;0

Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 AM

52 posts, read 76,135 times
You car guys should go to the Vineyard shopping center off Blanco and 1604 on the last Saturday of every month. There are a lot of cool cars there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Old 03-02-2013, 09:35 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Yesterday I was driving home early on 10 and De Zavala and saw homeless men of three of the four corners with cardboard signs. The one I officially drove by looked like he was there the day before. The others I did't get a chance to check out. But, anyway. It's just not pretty when I see all these people asking for money. I always tell myself I am going to give them 211 cards, but I always forget to grab a stack.
There's only one homeless man in the area at least that I am aware off, and I've never seen him on the corner begging for anything.

That being said, I saw a Tesla Model S on Dezavala last night.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 AM

410 posts, read 923,451 times
As usual I was cruising coolly in the "slow" lane on 151 driving the posted speed limit of 65, happy to head home after ending my work week. When suddenly a gorgeous black Lexus, convertible, top down with a man in a blue and white pin-striped button down floated by. His personalized and matching black plate indicated he was an ex-judge. "Hey Mr. Justice but the speed limit says....." Ah, but therein lay my mistake, perhaps this man did not preside over court proceedings and therefore would have Never violated traffic laws like the common man. Maybe he was a judge of a different sort, maybe he was on an urgent call to judge a hot-dog eating contest? Or one of SA's feline competitions? In either case, he looked quite content as did the lady in the passenger seat. They exited at the Target shopping center. Goodbye Mr. Ex-Judge. I will not judge ye, unlike Grumpy Cat below:

Last edited by SanAntonianByChoice; 03-04-2013 at 08:18 AM..

Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post
As usual I was cruising coolly in the "slow" lane on 151 driving the posted speed limit of 65, happy to head home after ending my work week. When suddenly a gorgeous black Lexus, convertible, top down with a man in a blue and white pin-striped button down floated by. His personalized and matching black plate indicated he was an ex-judge. "Hey Mr. Justice but the speed limit says....." Ah, but therein lies my mistake, perhaps this man did not preside over court proceedings and therefore would have Never violated traffic laws like the common man. Maybe he was a judge of a different sort, maybe he was on an urgent call to judge a hot-dog eating contest? Or one of SA's feline competitions? In either case, he looked quite content as did the lady in the passenger seat. They exited at the Target shopping center. Goodbye Mr. Ex-Judge. I will not scrutinize you unlike Grumpy Cat below:
What cop is going to pull over a judge or ex-judge for speeding? He is above the law when it comes to obeying speed limits, no?

Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 AM

I never thought of it that way. But one would hope an officer would still do his job if he came across the same scenario. "One ticket to Utopia please."

Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post
I never thought of it that way. But one would hope an officer would still do his job if he came across the same scenario. "One ticket to Utopia please."
I suppose if the judge/ex-judge was doing something that was considered a more serious traffic violation, like DWI then that is a different story. Even a cop has to pick and choose his battles carefully. It wasn't too long ago when a few cops got in trouble for trying to cover up another cop's DWI here in San Antonio.

I would expect a judge to follow the law, even more so than a cop but I guess that is not always the case.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
You need to see who the Puppetmaster is first before you jump. An easy way to end your career if you make the wrong choice. The "Good Ol' Boys" system is alive and well in San Antonio.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,526 times
I had the misfortune of being stuck in the middle of the mess on I-10 Westbound last night caused by the concrete truck rollover. Many, many observations during the 2 hours it took to make it through that little bottle neck. In the interest of improving the driving experience of my fellow local citizens, I submit the following:

1. If you are on a two lane, one way frontage road, and you see emergency vehicles coming up behind you, move over to let them by. It is a law, and the sooner they get where they need to go, the sooner everyone can get going again.

2. If you see the same emergency vehicles coming up behind on the shoulder of the same frontage road, don't think it's a great idea to jump in behind them to bypass traffic. As the 45-50 year old gentleman that tried that last night will tell you, the SAPD and Bexar County Sheriff's Deputies do not appreciate it and will cite you.

3. Pay attention to posted signs. If one says "X LANE CLOSED AHEAD" get the heck over. Don't be that guy that runs all the way up to the flashing arrow then shoves his way in causing a ripple effect. You are not a genius, you are a jerk, signed everybody else on the road at the time.

4. If you do have the good fortune to finally get past the cause of the slowdown, don't slowly cruise past the wreck at 15 mph staring, get the heck out of the way so the people behind you can get where they're going. You can satisfy your morbid curiosity on the internet later.

5. If you are in stop and go traffic due to an accident, don't cause another by riding people's bumper, while you pay all of your limited attention span to the iPhone in your hand instead of the traffic in front of you. All this while your small children leapfrog over the seats in your Suburban.

Last edited by TXStrat; 03-05-2013 at 06:47 AM..

Old 03-05-2013, 06:46 AM

Thank you TXStrat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio