U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 AM

410 posts, read 805,419 times

Advertisements

The eyes of Texas are upon you... saw a cowpoke in an older model black truck with an impressive set of longhorn steer horns mounted on top of cab that seemed to sit beyond width of vehicle. ( Sunday afternoon...Nacogdoches and Thousand Oaks area).

And file this under "Whew!" This morning, light blue Dodge Caravan on 151, with Disabled Veteran plates bearing a sticker that read "I Brake for Snakes, but not for Zombies." I salute you Sir!... for your services, past AND present. Those zombies don't stand a chance.

Enjoy your Monday Y'all!!

Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 AM

I saw an accident Saturday night about 9 or so. I got there minutes after it happened. On Hunt Lane and 151 access road, in front of Stone Ranch Apartments. It was a green mustang, just past intersection, laying on it's roof and a silver sedan possibly an Accord in middle of intersection with a crumpled driver-side fender and a deployed air-bag on steering wheel. Both driver side doors open and no one behind the wheel. I sat there wondering if this could have been prevented. Actually, I wonder this very thing each time I see an accident.. makes me say a quick prayer each time I get in my vehicle.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:48 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,617,213 times
In the past 48 hours, I've seen a Rolls-Royce Phantom convertible, a Maserati Gransport coupe & an Audi R8 V10. Some pretty sweet cars. Also, this morning there was a horrific traffic jam on 1604 westbound starting at Blanco Road. Turned out there was a major 3-vehicle collision shortly before the exit for Northwest Military Highway. Gnarly. I don't like to call them accidents, they are collisions that probably could have been avoided.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,815,905 times
Observation from the commute this morning. I missed a memo, or a blurb on the local news, or a notice on the TransGuide signs over the past several days. Apparently today, more so than any other day in recent memory, was the Great San Antonio Merge With Absolutely No Regard to Your Fellow Drivers Day. May have come out as a proclamation from the Mayor's office, or as a vote from city council... I witnessed at least 10 near misses this morning caused by people coming from an on ramp, and suddenly, and without warning or signalling, just shooting across multiple lanes of traffic on I-10 east bound starting around 1604 and continuing all the way downtown and onto I-35 north bound. Don't know if it was something in the air today or what, but it was bad out there this morning. Drive safely folks, and remember, turn signals are standard equipment on all cars manufactured for sale in the U.S. market. Try using them occasionally, and remember, just because you do use them, they don't magically clear traffic in your intended direction of travel, they merely communicate your intentions to other drivers.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:07 PM

235 posts, read 315,863 times
wait until you get behind a pick up truck, with two fools holding a huge refrigerator against the cab of the truck...and it ain't even tied down!! holy crap batman! time to exit stage right...

Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 PM

....a black Nissan Versa sporting a Christian fish emblem, on 151 during rush hour, travelling about 50 mph. Lady behind wheel complete with exaggerated gestures, furiously working her makeup brush and rearview mirror:

"Lord, please help me apply my eye shadow just right so I don't look like a cat burglar (or the Hamburglar). I'm not trying to get stopped. I'm late already. I pray my mascara doesn't clump like arachnids have invaded and are nesting for the day. Please Lord, let me blend my makeup evenly so as not to appear as if a can of baking powder exploded on me. And also, I ask that my lipstick goes on evenly. Children, or people in general for that matter, don't do well with manic Joker smiles beaming at them. Amen. Oh, and a shout out for getting me this far without causing a hair-frizzing accident. Holla!!"

Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,729,380 times
Good one SABC. Guess she figured since God is her co-pilot, she could multitask and be completely safe. She was probably juggling coffee too.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:51 PM

5,159 posts, read 9,639,889 times
Saw a Ferrari 458 Italia by the rim heading west, then about 30 min later, I was passed by a Ferrari 612 on Ralph Fair Road.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 AM

"One Flew over the Pickup's Bed." I'm accustomed to seeing folks lose their cargo but this was new for me. Early Saturday morning, 1604 North, just past Culebra, traffic is light but people are starting to brake unexpectedly. Blocking most of the fast lane: a complete bed liner sitting upside down while cars maneuvered around it on the the shoulder. Somewhere in our fair city there is a truck driving around "topless."

Enjoy your Monday!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 PM

467 posts, read 909,394 times
the Google car going down my street,..caught me getting out my truck,..after I entered my home ,..it did a second drive by,....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio