U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,639,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
Soviet, let us, well me, know how it is. I always see that place but I've yet to go in.
JUST for tortuga29, I'm making this review. Of course, this is also because her car story made me laugh like crazy in bed when I read it, but it's also for the rest of y'all.

I went to Costa Pacifica since it was smack dab in the middle of my house and my friend's house. Drove my electric car that was REALLY low on juice to his house, then we drove his gas-guzzler to Costa Pacifica. Great ambience and feels like it's a Cabo San Lucas bar since everyone's speaking Spanish and there are drinks aplenty, but the traffic moving on 1604 definitely takes away from that fantasy if your table's facing that way.

We both got the tacos sampler & it was GREAT! 6 tacos filled with different mariscos & every single one was great save for the octopus, which was a little bland. The ceviche, though? I gotta tell ya.....I think that the tacos were so outrageously good that the ceviche was seemingly average just because the bar was set so high. It was good, but the rest was SO good that I thought little of the ceviche. Hahahaha!

And of course, there was a bonus when a very beautiful young lady sat down right in front of us. Great accent and amazing figure! Must be the seafood

All in all, a great place with great food. Service by Barbara was top-notch and it was good for people-watching and trying to decipher Spanish. The waitstaff speak Spanish very well & my friend (originally from Monterrey) was extremely impressed when I asked him if he asked for "water without ice" when he said Moderator cut: english only to the waitstaff. He said I should teach him Russian & he'll teach me Spanish & then we'll hit on the ladies in our respective countries!

If you like mariscos and don't want to travel too far & live close by, I'd say Costa Pacifica is good. Pricing is kinda/sorta medium-ish. The tacos sampler was $15 & the fish ceviche was $9. Delicious, though! Loved it! Thanks so much for the recommendation, cddweller!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 02-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Per TOS, this is an english only forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 PM

581 posts, read 1,036,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
JUST for tortuga29, I'm making this review. Of course, this is also because her car story made me laugh like crazy in bed when I read it, but it's also for the rest of y'all.

Hahaha. Thanks Soviet. Glad I could give a laugh. And the resturant looks worthy. I'm going to be on that side of town this weekend so I'll try and hit it up.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 564 times
you meant the ceviche-wrong Mexican immitation or the real and only one from Peru???? If it's the one from Peru go to Rocotos (Culebra and 1604) if not then anyplace, it really doesnt matter

Old 06-13-2012, 01:52 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,333,296 times
Best ceviche (imo) in San Antonio: El Bucanero on WW White Rd.

El Bucanero - East Side - San Antonio | Urbanspoon

BN

Old 06-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,818 posts, read 33,154,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Best ceviche (imo) in San Antonio: El Bucanero on WW White Rd.

El Bucanero - East Side - San Antonio | Urbanspoon
Better than their new location on Blanco?

[edit] As luck would have it, I saw after I posted this that you already weighed in on the Blanco location in another thread.

Last edited by Bo; 06-15-2012 at 09:50 AM..

Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 AM

410 posts, read 552,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salru25 View Post
you meant the ceviche-wrong Mexican immitation or the real and only one from Peru???? If it's the one from Peru go to Rocotos (Culebra and 1604) if not then anyplace, it really doesnt matter
As someone who lived 13 years in Peru, gotta second that reply. Waldo's (Evers N of 410) is my go-to for location reasons though Rocotos is great too (do they still have beef heart anticuchos on Saturdays?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio