U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,798,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMorris82 View Post
You realize that is photoshopped right?
quoted for truth

anyways thats where the In N Out is going..probably 2014 is my guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobefor81 View Post
You meant hole in the wall tex-mex food not mexican. Trust me I've tried a lot of restaurants and they miss the mark on authentic mexican food. If I want real mexican food we just make it home and usually go out for other food.

I think Del Taco would do good in the long run. Out of the people we got a chance to talk to yesterday they all came from all parts of Cali so they'll definitely have those customers and maybe they'll win some new ones who haven't even heard of Del Taco.
have you been to Vida Mia in Stone Oak? Its not tex-mex thats for sure

Old 09-04-2013, 04:55 PM

73 posts, read 96,899 times
Default !

WENT YESTERDAY, IT was great! Had me a Macho Combo burrito combo. it was yummy! I wanted a little more beans in the burrito but it was still good.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:58 PM

2,265 posts, read 2,767,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Del Taco to open first of 25 restaurants in S.A. - San Antonio Express-News

Kind of amazes me that this chain thinks San Antonio has a need for 25 fast-food taco restaurants. Most other chains open a few locations and gauge the reaction. This company is jumping in with both feet!

FWIW, I just looked it up on Google and there appear to be 47 locations of Taco Cabana in Bexar County.
Del Taco has the right to open up wherever they want to. You have a right to consume their food or not.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffutsa2001 View Post
In & Out Burger is in the Dallas market. In & Out has said they are going to built their meat plant in the Ft. Worth area first before they continue their onward expansion into Texas and San Antonio. Does anyone have a time frame before one is built here? Also Del Taco is in the Dallas area as well and I heard that they have plans on buiding some 80 store locations in the Texas region. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated I am a huge fan of both. I was in the Dallas area this past weekend and had In & Out Burger. Being from the Los Angeles area I am very familiar with these chains.
In and Out is crap compared to Whataburger.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 PM

73 posts, read 96,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
In and Out is crap compared to Whataburger.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,128,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Del Taco has the right to open up wherever they want to. You have a right to consume their food or not.
Did I say they didn't have a right to open up? I just question the need for them to enter the market. From your grenade-lobbing perch in DFW, you might not have a sense of how thoroughly saturated the SA market is with fast food places like this.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Del Taco to open first of 25 restaurants in S.A. - San Antonio Express-News

Kind of amazes me that this chain thinks San Antonio has a need for 25 fast-food taco restaurants. Most other chains open a few locations and gauge the reaction. This company is jumping in with both feet!

FWIW, I just looked it up on Google and there appear to be 47 locations of Taco Cabana in Bexar County.
The guy who is franchising these said he would let me know where he is going to open them

he told me 12 though. I cant see 25 going into the SA market

Old 09-04-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Did I say they didn't have a right to open up? I just question the need for them to enter the market. From your grenade-lobbing perch in DFW, you might not have a sense of how thoroughly saturated the SA market is with fast food places like this.
I know quite a lot about San Antonio, I've been there many times.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:35 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,340,450 times
OK...went to Del Taco tonite because it was so close to the house and I had been running errands all day long...I must admit, had the "chicken taco" but when I told the guy I was in the mood for "Crispy" found out that I could get it in the hard shell vs flour tortilla. It was VERY good AND $1 each. If it were NOT for the fact Taco Bell does NOT sell their "Fire sauce" in grocery stores like it does it's "mild" and "hot" (not so) I would probably never again set foot in Taco Bell since it doesn't even come close....but that "fire sauce" they sell is so AWESOME!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio