U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:43 PM

210 posts, read 438,064 times

Advertisements

I've been at the VA hospital in NW SA for the last two days and I just wanted to say that the people there, staff and otherwise, have all been so wonderful to just be around. I've met so many wonderful people, had interesting conversations (spoke with a 75yr old Mexican man for FOUR hours straight, he was so lovely!) and just generally felt very welcomed and not alone in a time of need.

If this was England it would've been so different. I would've been ignored, I would've ignored others. Here there was just a real sense of.. community and just general friendliness.

So, thank you :]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 03:11 PM

409 posts, read 843,893 times
Wowee..I wish more places here were like that. I've only been there once and there was nice ppl there that night. I have been to places where rudeness is more common with everyone. Staff included. I'm sure if you are here long enough you will get a fair share of cheekiness from someone somewhere.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:21 PM

581 posts, read 1,035,922 times
Was that Mexican man roughly 5'10" with a gray beard, in all black with a USMC hat, talking you're ear off about the beautiful Corps and the history of San Antonio? If so, that's my father and I apologize.

That's good. I'm glad you had that expierence. I wish more places were like that too. I'm like my father in the way that I like to talk to people but last time I was in a public place, everyone had very sour faces. I mean, I know it's a Drs office and people feel bad but you dont have to roll your eyes when I say "Good Morning." and smile.

Wait...maybe I'm the rude one?

In all honesty, good for you. Hope you feel better.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 PM

410 posts, read 806,665 times
britishbird...thank You for sharing this with us . We see plenty of negative comments about everything and anything... so it's refreshing to hear about the nicer things in SA.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:54 PM

11,933 posts, read 12,802,518 times
What a nice post! Thank you so mcuh for sharing. Like SanAntonioanByChoice said we get enough negative remakes, it's nice to hear something like this.

Welcome to San Antonio.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,341,690 times
We all mumble and grumble and gripe when things DON'T go our way...nice to hear someone compliment or pat someone deserving on the back.

Maybe you can start a tradition on CDF....EVERYONE should have to post ONE positive thing before they start in on the bellyaching and BI#*%&^G daily!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,940,624 times
Britishbird, aren't you a sweetheart! Thank you so much for sharing this experience!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,821,463 times
Cheers for that britishbird. I must say, as a long time guest of your country, I experienced some very wonderful people as well. I lived in sleepy Dorset, and the locals were extremely friendly. Granted, a lot of it was fascination with the bloke with a large SUV with Texas tags on until I made it through the MOT process and got my local plates and tax disk. They were fast fan of Texas barbecue, brisket, and deep fried turkey by the time I departed. Drunk chicken was by far the most requested.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:13 PM

282 posts, read 410,171 times
Your story brightened my day. Thanks for sharing! And I totally second the comment about posting about positive things on here too.

Have a good night everyone

Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM

147 posts, read 267,604 times
First of all I hope you get well soon and I hope everything goes well with you there.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio