Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:16 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

Ohhh....have not done Jims for breakfast in a while..time for the first nap of the day, then 3 mile walk, then Jim's sounds like a WONDERFUL IDEA!!

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 07:12 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
Thanks! It wound up being a beautiful trip. The weather participated very nicely. It did rain in some parts but since I was really just taking my time, it was okay. I inherited my father’s love of cruising. We used to do that all the when my brother and I were kids. After Saturday breakfast he tells us all to load up and we'd just take off. I told my GF to load up the Mustang, asked my neighbor if she wouldn't mind keeping an eye out on the dogs, and let's just go. I very rarely have a set plan. I usually know the direction but just let the road lead me. So I headed up I10N to Comfort. Got there, looked a few little shops and then I decided to head 473E through Sisterdale, Kendalia where we stopped to attempt to take pictures but I so lovingly forgot the camera.

Got to 281, took it South to 306. Took 306 all around Canyon Lake, which is starting to look very nice. Then I got to 2673, took that SW to Sattler where we stopped to eat at little roadside called Real Pit BBQ. I've been there before so it was good visit. Brisket was tender, sausage had a kick and sides we're good. Had good ole BudLight (I know, i know but I'm a Blue Moon drinker) and finished in the cool breeze.

From there decided to take off down River Road. Showed signs of the obvious rainstorms, leaves, some tree branches and a little high water places but it wasn't unmanageable. Had the windows down and enjoyed the coolness before it started to get a little too cool. Took River Rd all the way through Landa Park which was pretty hustling with people. Made my to 35 and headed South when my parents called and asked if we wanted to meet up some of their friends and them for snacks and drinks at the VFW 76. Of course, I obliged. Free beers ran amok. Came home about an hour ago and I'm just waiting for dogs to finish doing their business outside, looking over some emails and appreciating the fact I'm back home in Texas near my family and within driving distances of some badass BBQ.

Hope everyone's day went well.
Ahem... I happen to like Bud light...

Sounds like an awesome day!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:18 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,475 times
Default Thanks for Good comments,

Yes, San Antonio and surrounding areas are a beautiful place to exist in,
I whole heartedly agree ! It is fantastic to have the ability to go outside where it is nearly always a great day, this is easy to take for granted, if one lives here
but very easy to remember if one has lived elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Since we all need to be more POSITIVE, may I say Good Sat morning to ALL my friends in San Antonio!!!

Enjoy a cup of coffee and a wonderful morning enjoying the low roll of the thunder, the pitter patter of the glorious rain and the sound of the birds all while being comfortable enough to sleep with the windows WIDE open in FEB!!!

I LOVE South Texas and SA!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:28 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times
Oh, what a beautiful morning my SA peeps!

Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times

*....Happy Birthday *

.................................................. ..Jules
& GW

... Another great day in the neighborhood!

Old 02-19-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post

*....Happy Birthday *

.................................................. ..Jules
& GW

... Another great day in the neighborhood!

You are SO talented...I can barely type...LOL Just enjoyed a WONDERFUL birthday celebration with Jules and GW...good fun with great friends!!! CDF has brought some wonderful folks into our lives, and tonite I am GRATEFUL for that as I get ready to call it a day!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
You are SO talented...I can barely type...LOL Just enjoyed a WONDERFUL birthday celebration with Jules and GW...good fun with great friends!!! CDF has brought some wonderful folks into our lives, and tonite I am GRATEFUL for that as I get ready to call it a day!
Hey! I was there too!!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Hey! I was there too!!
TOTALLY!!! But your birthday is not until Jul!!! LOL Fun evening with great folks...enjoyed so very much. Just wish I could sleep....body says it is time to be in bed...but 3 naps (all WELL deserved and needed) today make it a little difficult to go to sleep just yet. Tired....but not sleepy!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:58 AM

Good Morning Sunshine!!! OK...make that cloud cover, but ANY day off of work
with PAY is a GREAT day!!! Happy Presidents Day!!!

Last edited by Paka; 02-20-2012 at 07:35 AM..

Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Good Morning Sunshine!!! OK...make that cloud cover, but ANY day of with PAY is a GREAT day!!! Happy Presidents Day!!!
Happy Presidents day S.A.!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio