U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:38 PM

10 posts, read 22,146 times

Advertisements

So my parents are planning to move to SA, and i have to find a high school myself. Can anyone tell me what schools and good details please. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 08:33 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,441,208 times
So the high school you choose, is that where your parents are going to buy or rent? Because where you live will determine what school you go to.

If it's the first...well I can't say much about many of the schools. My daughter goes to Stevens starting this year and so far is having a good time (well, as good a time as you can have in school anyway). The teachers and administrators all seem very caring toward their students.

You can check out the NISD website to check out all the high schools, but there are several other school districts in the area. I'm sure some others will post with some info for you.

Northside Independent School District - San Antonio, TX 78238

Old 09-07-2007, 08:40 PM

37 posts, read 141,010 times
Alamo Heights, Churchill, Reagan are among those most often mentioned as good public schools. Keystone Academy is probably the premier prep school.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:40 PM

734 posts, read 2,738,402 times
When are you moving?

I would say that NEISD and NISD are two very good districts.

North East Independent SD - North East Independent School District, San Antonio, Texas USA

Reagan is capped for new students this year in NEISD. Churchhill and MacArthur are very good schools. Next year will be a new school to alleviate the enrollment, Johnson HS. That will make Reagan no longer capped. It also makes the boundaries due to change, so if you think you'll go to Reagan, you might actually go to Johnson. Those boundaries will be set in October, supposedly.

There is also Comal School District with Smithson Valley High School and Canyon HS (located actually in New Braufels.) Comal Independent School District - Home Page

Make sure you really look at boundaries before you buy/rent. There are some areas where you'd think it would go to a certain school, but it really goes to another one - even totally different districts.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:52 PM

i'm moving at winter break, thanks alot for the infos, i can choose now

Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM

just a question, do you know about communication arts high school, i think it's rated 100 in america

Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM

85 posts, read 331,169 times
NEISD also has a great reputation. As far as the boundary issues, what the previous poster said is true to an extent. If you are interested in one of the Magnet Schools you can apply to them. Here is a link to the brochure
http://www.neisd.net/ComRel/pdf/Magnet%20Brochure-T.pdf (broken link)
The link to NEISD is North East Independent School District, San Antonio, Texas USA

I believe the NISD has 4 magnet schools and NEISD has 11 of them. Both school districts are good. Here is a link to a previous discussion on the subject.
North East School of the Arts

Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 PM

Is there any great private schools in SA?

Old 09-08-2007, 12:24 AM

898 posts, read 2,278,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy14 View Post
Is there any great private schools in SA?
Yes. but it may depend on how much you want to spend. TMI is a very good school but i believe tuition is over $10k...same for St. Mary's hall. I graduated from SA Christian and it was about $5k a year if a remember right...overall i think it prepared me well for college.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 AM

734 posts, read 2,738,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Yes. but it may depend on how much you want to spend. TMI is a very good school but i believe tuition is over $10k...same for St. Mary's hall. I graduated from SA Christian and it was about $5k a year if a remember right...overall i think it prepared me well for college.
What is TMI?

We are thinking of private school as well and would like to get some ideas of what is available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or