U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM

890 posts, read 1,527,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
Sad thing is most californians think this way...eitherway this thread should die like that state!
Easy Tex. Easy now.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:19 PM

4,149 posts, read 9,311,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss1 View Post
I'd love to have a "one baby only" policy. Then, if you want more, you'd have to prove that you are capable of taking care of them. There is so much win with this thinking. Seriously, is this not the answer to about 90% of the world's problems?
Seems to be working well for China.

The answer to 90% of the worlds problems is people taking care of their damn selves and families.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:28 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,308,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeFlyDontBodaMe View Post
If what you say is true, then it most likely was the bosses fault for not providing proper training to the employees which led to a potentially unsafe and unhappy work environment which would explain the attendance rates. As for any vandalism that may have occurred, I find that inexcusable.

I do however feel that the reason people spray paint on buildings is because there is no outlet for their artistic desires. I think we as a city should provide designated buildings/floors/canvases for those who want to express themselves in spray paint art. Said buildings could be city owned and not in use currently and that would provide a good place for artists to express themselves and would also possibly jump start a new art district in the city. And that would be a great thing!
I suggest you clean the California smog off your glasses.

No outlet for their artistic desires?? Umm, no, that's called gangsta wanna-bees marking their territory....like a feral cat. Has nothing to do with someone wanting to "express themselves". Get a clue, son.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:30 PM

314 posts, read 722,642 times
Higher taxes? I already work 2 months a year just to pay the federal govt and at least another month for property and state...I think I contribute enough!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:44 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,441,250 times
Quote:
Let's all pitch in and exchange ideas on how to make San Antonio a more liberal and open society. I would love to see San Antonio become more open to the liberal mentality and lifestyle.
Charge "city fees" to all of the churches to make them pay up for city services that they use.
Scatter them out of town into the surrounding cities and let people in San Antonio think for themselves.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:50 PM

5,633 posts, read 13,950,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Seems to be working well for China.

The answer to 90% of the worlds problems is people taking care of their damn selves and families.
I don't know if I'd say that about China. They are a great place to be right now in everything from business to happiness levels. Anyways, my "baby" comment was tongue in cheek.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 667,477 times
Quote:
Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin.

Wrong. Moderator cut: see comment

I am from San Francisco and would love to see San Antonio progress into a more accepting and comforting society. We need to empower minority owned and operated businesses and become more diverse as a city.

We need to encourage and promote all lifestyles.

San Antonio has potential. We just need to progress one day at a time.
Where in the Bible that the only sin is hanging on? Also I get the feeling SF is not open minded towards conservatives, either fiscally or socially, the military, and Bible-believing Christians.

As far as SA, I'd love policies that help us move us towards a more laissez faire traditional liberal economic view, less taxes and regulations that allow people to keep what they earn, pursue happiness, and be charitable as they see fit to causes they see fit while protecting the rights of those unable to protect themselves, like unborn babies. That would be truly progressive.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM

5,159 posts, read 9,688,657 times
Quote:
Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin.

Wrong. Moderator cut: see comment

We need to empower minority owned and operated businesses
And by minority do you mean White people? because they are the minority in this city.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,583,747 times
Don't worry fellow Texans. CA will be falling into the ocean by the end of the year. Moderator cut: see comment Sorry San Fran but if you are gonna play in TX you gotta have a fiddle in the band.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-09-2012 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: bashing is not permitted

Old 03-09-2012, 05:46 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,119,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
Sad thing is most californians think this way...eitherway this thread should die like that state!
Well, many that remain in that state do; but I have met a lot of them that escaped here because they saw how bad it has deteriorated and knew things were much better in Texas!

The difference is, they embrace all that is good about this state, and much like most of us that adopt this wonderful land as our new home, we accept and become part of it.

It's a small minority who arrogantly think that they are smarter than the rest of us and need to change us for the "better." Right, all one has to do is look at the smothering pile that is their former state to know how badly such ideas end up!

Not ironically, so dribble presents itself during the same week that we celebrate the Battle of the Alamo. Those who fought so devotedly for Texas would want us to do the same, and as God is my witness I will stand up against such foolish suggestions!

"Narrow-minded?!?" I don't care what some liberal bozo calls me, much like I don't care when they think they can take away my Constitutional rights such as those guaranteed by the Second Amendment. Californians can sacrifice their freedoms to a tyrannical government, if anyone tried such nonsense in Texas they'd leave the state with their tails between their legs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

And God bless Texas! http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/images/smilies/texas.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or