Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 09:42 PM

6 posts, read 16,245 times

Advertisements

Hello
We have tickets for next Saturday evening's night parade and seats are at Broadway bleachers (Broadway and Roy Smith).

Generally, how safe is this event and the location of the seats? Any tips or words of advice will be very appreciated. Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM

334 posts, read 915,260 times
The event and the location are safe. Just don't leave any valuables in your car, though.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times
You will be fine...the seats are great.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:25 PM

144 posts, read 360,073 times
Um, so... If you don't have tickets to the Flambeau Parade... Is there anywhere you can just walk up to and watch it from? I'm thinking towards the end as I have parking down that way available to me... Thanks for any help!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM

334 posts, read 915,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markintosh View Post
Um, so... If you don't have tickets to the Flambeau Parade... Is there anywhere you can just walk up to and watch it from? I'm thinking towards the end as I have parking down that way available to me... Thanks for any help!
Yeah, totally. Last year, we just walked up to the curb near Broadway and Ninth and watched it with a few thousand other people. It looked like most of the route was free of charge. Bring your own chairs and come early, though. It was packed.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:47 PM

144 posts, read 360,073 times
Thanks J1ndo!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 AM

132 posts, read 209,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakranga View Post
Hello
We have tickets for next Saturday evening's night parade and seats are at Broadway bleachers (Broadway and Roy Smith).

Generally, how safe is this event and the location of the seats? Any tips or words of advice will be very appreciated. Thanks,
My siblings and I have decided to make going to the Flambeau Parade a tradition these past 3 years. We've always gone to the night parade and of the 3 times that we've gone, there has only been one instance where something "bad" happened. We were on the Commerce St. end of the parade on the side of the Vista Condos when there were a couple of fights that broke out down the street from us. The police scrambled immediately, but we never got a clear shot of what had happened. Other than that, there are police everywhere to make sure everyone has a good time.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM

409 posts, read 1,033,545 times
Do take an umbrella.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 PM

3 posts, read 5,580 times
I have been to numerous Fiesta events and have never had a safety issue whatsoever. There is security at every event and the parades are no exception. SAPD, Bexar County Sheriffs, or any other police force in the area has officers posted on every street block and at every intersection.

Where you park your car is important though. There is no specific parking area. It's more of a "park where you legally can" mentality. If you get there early enough (noon), you might be able to manage to find some street parking on the back streets.

If you really don't want to leave your car all by its lonesome, you can always take VIAFiesta Special Event Service. They always provide great service and its a way to avoid the traffic nightmare that is Fiesta.

One last word of advice. Just have fun. Don't take anything too seriously. Everyone is there to have a good time and you should too. Keep your kids close, if you have them, and don't let a few drunks (those that can't handle their liquor will be rounded up by SAPD) ruin your evening. In fact, don't let anything ruin your evening. Try the gorditas, they're amazing. And a little extra grease or grill scrapings never hurt anyone. Viva Fiesta!

I could kill for a Fiesta gordita right now.

-San Antonio living (temporarily) in Houston

Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,329 times
Imagine people all around you continuously blowing horns so loud you can't hear the tuba 5 feet away. That's what flambeau devolved into last year - I won't be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: