Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:36 AM

208 posts, read 382,788 times

Advertisements

you could take them to the annual st. patrick's day parade on saturday; granted it will be a lot more crowded but should be cooler so...hold on i'm being handed a san antonio express....nevermind . Mc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 PM

409 posts, read 1,033,999 times
Default Under my umbrella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
I would like to know that too. I know friends and family get some through church fundraisers, VFWs, and one time through work. I'm sure there's a central place where people could snag some.
Last time I went was 2 years ago cause a friend's sister had tickets. It poured rain in buckets and 4 of us were huddled under one umbrella. Take an umbrella just to be on the safe side if it looks like rain. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
I dunno....Hate to be a parade party pooper, but parades really do nothing for me. Just not worth the hassle of parking, crowds, etc. I just don't get the attraction. Ok, i'm off my soapbox now. Have fun if you go.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:12 PM

26 posts, read 43,912 times
Take bottled water, an umbrella for each person, some good tennis shoes, and some hand sanitizer. Don't carry your purse or a bag, just keep your ID and some cash in one of your deeper pockets, and if you must carry a camera or camcorder, keep the strap around your neck at all times. Same goes for your cell phone. If you have a wrist loop for it, keep it on your wrist.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Show us your shoes? What is that? (I've never been)
Carlita... I swear my dad's partner that owned the body shop with him started this "Show Me Your Shoes" thing...

His partner was a fun loving, crazy man that would get WILD when he drank... He used to yell at the top of his lungs, every year, THE RUNNERS ARE COMING, THE RUNNERS ARE COMING, whenever the race before the parade started... Then would yell THE PARADE IS COMING, THE PARADE IS COMING when the parade was starting... Then when the parade would start and the high school bands would pass by he used to run out in the middle of the street and dance around the band members, strike a drummers drum, etc... The cops didn't even stop him as they knew him so well and he never caused any harm...

Anyway, he used to always yell at the Queens on the floats "Hey pretty lady, pretty lady" and when they looked at him he would wave and whistle, etc... One time he said "Hey, pretty lady, shoe me your shoes"... I still remember the look on her face, she was so confused, and he kept yelling "SHOW ME YOUR SHOES" and she would show her high heels...

That was it, soon he was yelling this at every float with a Queen or Princess on it... One time a girl kicked out her leg and had on a fuzzy slipper and my dad's partner hoot and hollared and ran out and blew her a kiss...

Eventually the crowd around us started yelling "SHOW ME YOUR SHOES" and it just seemed to take off from there...

Now people yell it just to see what kind of crazy shoes the Queens come up with... In my opinion it's just very obnoxious and gets old REAL QUICK, considering I grew up with it...

Old 03-15-2012, 06:10 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
Yes to the hand sanitizer!

We've been taking my nephews since they were three and five years old. It helps that our seats are always front row and we're near a park so we could take the boys over there to run around and to take advantage of the shade.

Those horn things (starts with a v? Vevuzla?) are what drives me insane. I usually am the one yelling "Show me your shoes!" I get into the spirit of the thing for sure!

Just like the song says, I love a parade.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,782 times
"Show me your shoes!" has never bothered me. I could go either way. But I remember one time some college age guys around us took it a little too far. Started yelling "show me your boobs!" which was, okay, fine, the first 2 or so times. But then it went to "Show us your t&tties or t^ts." That was stupid. Some guy behind them took care of them real quick.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:43 AM

Default Stupid People

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
"Show me your shoes!" has never bothered me. I could go either way. But I remember one time some college age guys around us took it a little too far. Started yelling "show me your boobs!" which was, okay, fine, the first 2 or so times. But then it went to "Show us your t&tties or t^ts." That was stupid. Some guy behind them took care of them real quick.
One reason I don't go as often anymore to crowded events is because there's always someone that drinks too much or is just immature, disrespectful and acts stupid with no regards to those around specially children who don't need to hear such comments. Then they think they are being cute and funny. Security sometimes shows up eventually and issues a warning to shut it up or get out. Sometimes.... Other times it's up to someone else to put a screeching halt to it.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,048 times
Don't smoke too close to the parade,..you might be cited,...

Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM

Default Ehh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
Don't smoke too close to the parade,..you might be cited,...
Whaaat?? No way....??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: