U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:27 PM

381 posts, read 662,844 times

Advertisements

Sprint is also going to roll out voice over lte HD, which according to tech reviews, sounds amazing. I just wonder about the reception though in my area with their lte. Some people have stated that it's super fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 AM

1,365 posts, read 3,969,352 times
I just read that San Antonio is only apx 20% rolled out on LTE with more towers being rolled out by the end of August...

Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 AM

381 posts, read 662,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
I just read that San Antonio is only apx 20% rolled out on LTE with more towers being rolled out by the end of August...
Well according to their coverage map, my house should be able to receive LTE, but then again I think the only way to find out is to give them a try, and if it doesn't work out, you always have a month to terminate service if you don't like it.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 567 times
there is no reception on any of my 4 Sprint phones (rumer, galaxy, iphone nor blackberry). I even drove around a few blocks to see if that made a difference...but no luck. Is a tower/broadband down? What is going on?! Anyone?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,415,436 times
Not in Western Bexar County, but I have noticed that the data speed (internet) has decreased markedly...

Old 12-01-2012, 02:08 PM

464 posts, read 659,528 times
I have been getting the "circle of death" on my Sprint iPhone for several hours now. Anyone aware of a network outage here in SA? Particularly in the Schertz I-35 area?

When it does say 3G and I attempt to visit a website, it's as slow as I remember my old dial-up 14.4kbps modem being back in 1999.....

Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 AM

898 posts, read 1,243,926 times
I've been on Sprint for almost 10 years, but I'm so tired of how bad the network has gotten, I'm getting ready to switch to AT&T.

I am on Sprint's most expensive plan (unlimited), and most of the time I can't even do a google search on my phone.
Text messages often don't send, and the ones I receive have to be "downloaded" when I can get home and hop on my wi-fi.
My wife (also on Sprint) said her phone goes into roaming mode all the time, right here in the city.

It has gotten ridiculous. I don't know what I'm paying for anymore.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:09 AM

172 posts, read 201,473 times
Get ready for more annoyances with signal drop out than ever with AT&T, I hate Verizon with a passion, but they have the best coverage and network. I have sprint for about 5 years now and still love them for the price and value, but at the same time I get LTE coverage through my entire house to the point I hardly ever use my Wifi at home because the 4G is so much faster 15mbps Down/ 10mbps Up.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM

83 posts, read 136,337 times
AT&T is a million times better then Sprint. I had AT&T for years but recently switched to Sprint because I joined lines with my boyfriend and the adjustment was hard. AT&T is soo much faster and I basically can't do anything on my Sprint phone unless I'm connected to wifi which completely defeats the purpose. You also have to pay $10 extra in addition to the data plan for supposed 4g. I never had to use wifi with AT&T everything just worked and fast.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 AM

172 posts, read 201,473 times
i agree, that the 3g is slow, but i feel part of it is Sprint users are having to ration their data like a crazy old mining Kook. LOL. My issue with AT&T wasnt so much with the data, that was always pretty good, it was the phone calls. I'm sorry but I'm a firm believer a cellPHONE company should be able to at least hold a phone call. Sprint's voice coverage to me is a ton better than AT&T, data network is slower (but unlimited), but best of both worlds is my nemsis Verizon. One thing I will say is Android phones work a billion times faster on Sprint's network than the iPhone. It also helps rooting your phone and getting admin rights (only Android), it drastically speeds things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio