Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 PM

166 posts, read 570,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvier38 View Post
Lol I think we can do that, and my husband makes amazing italian food and in our previous deli we had amazing sandwiches and hot meals ~ we don't do pizza but will be on the search for a descent pizza any input on that lol??
Yes. I'm a huge fan of a place here called "Florio's" and another named "Miss Ellies Pizza of New York".

For me, it tastes just like the Pizza I grew up eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 01:11 AM

130 posts, read 252,512 times
Interesting. I have lately been seeing alot of cars from NJ and NY.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 AM

26 posts, read 65,250 times
Lol many people living up here are leaving, besides the economy being terrible the overall quality of life here is terrible. I grew up here and it's sad to see how it steadily declined. I truly hope our move will provide our kids a better way of life ~ counting down until July :0)

Old 04-29-2012, 10:57 AM

89 posts, read 147,491 times
he should be able to get work easy. im a welding student at st phillps and i talk to ALOT of AC heat guys. and there are opportunity always opening. think about it.....Texas in the summer people NEED there AC. LOL

WElcome to TEXAS

Old 04-29-2012, 12:13 PM

Lol so true! He's been doing HVAC and sheet metal fabrication for over 20 years so I don't see any issue getting a job, the summer heat is certainly a job security factor! Thank you for the welcome can't wait to get there!!

Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,134,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcool View Post
Interesting. I have lately been seeing alot of cars from NJ and NY.
They could be rental cars.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:21 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,635,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
That said, one thing that irritates me more than anything is people who move here and then try to change how things are. Usually they are from either that huge state along the west coast or from up in your neck of the woods (the northeast). Yes, those are more liberal areas as compared to the mainly conservative attitudes down here in the Lone Star State; but I knew what things were like before moving here and felt the better tactic was to embrace and adopt the Texas mindset.
As an escapee from said unnamed state who'll be rescuing another denizen of the same state, I just wanted to say I couldn't agree more. When I moved to Virginia, the first thing I did was register to vote. The second waas to get a VA license and registration so I wouldn't be identified as a Californian. California is a beautiful state with a lot of great things and some great people, but there are too many out-and-out nuts there, and it really gets me when they vote for a wreck of a government, get what they want, decide they don't want to pay the taxes or live under the laws they voted for, move... and then want to vote for a wreck of a government in their new home, figuring it'll somehow "be different this time".

We want to move to Texas because we realize Texas is doing it better than CA

Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM

I agree, we have done a great deal of research to come to this decision ~ Texas has all that we agree with. Texas/texans are proud of their beliefs and will stand by their values. We are pretty much all set to arrive in July, my daughter and her fiancé will be moving there in a few weeks due to his quick transfer and promotion ~ counting down :0)

Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM

56 posts, read 105,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I think a good Italian deli would be great, but keep in mind there is no shortage of restaurants in SA so the competition is heavy no matter what genre of food you're offering!

Overall, as a "transplant" myself, the one thing I love about Texans in general is how polite they are. That characteristic seems to be more prevalent in the rural areas (unfortunately, due in most part with the urban areas being swamped by a large influx of transplants), but I don't think you'll find a nicer group of people anywhere than true Texans.

That said, one thing that irritates me more than anything is people who move here and then try to change how things are. Usually they are from either that huge state along the west coast or from up in your neck of the woods (the northeast). Yes, those are more liberal areas as compared to the mainly conservative attitudes down here in the Lone Star State; but I knew what things were like before moving here and felt the better tactic was to embrace and adopt the Texas mindset.

I'm not saying that will be the case with you, but just something to consider. Texas and San Antonio are wonderful places to live, and the general attitude is one of a "live and let live" mentality. And as TRN stated, it is a "gun-friendly" state but if anything, that makes most people tend to be even more polite.

My recommendation is to work to fit in, and folks will not only appreciate it but will accept you more easily. The worst approach that I've seen are the vocal, opinionated types that show up here and immediately and loudly criticize everything they don't agree with. Those few usually don't have the same positive experience that most of us have here...

Cheers! M2
Another vote on an authentic Italian deli !!! You're right on with this one.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 PM

Well then an authentic Italian deli Texas style is what we will attempt to do, first we need to establish ourselves so it may take a little time ~ but once we have the possibility in the works I will certainly post all updates on here! We had an amazing menu up here where there's an Italian deli on every corner, I certainly hope we can do even more amazing things in what will be our new home state :0) oh and as we did here we always will take requests after all it's what the customer wants!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio