U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-29-2015, 03:06 PM
 
Location: San Antonio. Tx 78209
2,651 posts, read 6,505,752 times
Reputation: 1735

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
Millions around the workd come to the US to visit SA? I think not, maybe in very selected tours, most go to NY and west coast. Just be a bit reallistic, please.
I am European, lived in several countries before coming to the US, people in Europe can tell a bit about the Alamo but 90% dont know it is located in dowtown SA, and most people possess a strong knowledge of geography but that info is not relevant worldwide, you dont learn it at school.
Believe it or not the world is larger than Western Europe. Yes, millions come to San Antonio visit. Sorry if that's hard to wrap your head around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2015, 03:15 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,409,375 times
Reputation: 1536
Default An interesting statistic,

I wonder. What percentage of visitors annually to San Antonio are foreign tourists? I think I remember Miami Beach receives 40% foreign visitors annually. 60 million visit Miami annually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Believe it or not the world is larger than Western Europe. Yes, millions come to San Antonio visit. Sorry if that's hard to wrap your head around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 03:48 PM
 
Location: SA
275 posts, read 137,183 times
Reputation: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Believe it or not the world is larger than Western Europe. Yes, millions come to San Antonio visit. Sorry if that's hard to wrap your head around.
Are you kidding me? I have lived and visit several continents.
Believe it or not the world is larger than SA.
I guess I should add to the dislike of SA locals' arrogant attitude, jeez! yeah, SA is the number one destination in the US, not, better NA, no, that's so little, better make it of the north hemisphere!


editing for some google info
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...mo-5182758.php

it seems SA is the international destination for Mexican nationals, big yippee.

Last edited by nam2015; 11-29-2015 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 03:51 PM
 
Location: SA
275 posts, read 137,183 times
Reputation: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
I wonder. What percentage of visitors annually to San Antonio are foreign tourists? I think I remember Miami Beach receives 40% foreign visitors annually. 60 million visit Miami annually.
According to some sources the annual visitors are 26 million.

http://www.sanantoniotourism.com/dow...ts_figures.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 04:02 PM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,409,375 times
Reputation: 1536
Default No,No,

Noname, see..........I was wondering what percentage of these 26 million annual tourists are foreigners?
26 million is already known as the number of people visiting annually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
According to some sources the annual visitors are 26 million.

http://www.sanantoniotourism.com/dow...ts_figures.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 04:25 PM
 
Location: San Antonio. Tx 78209
2,651 posts, read 6,505,752 times
Reputation: 1735
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
Are you kidding me? I have lived and visit several continents.
Believe it or not the world is larger than SA.
I guess I should add to the dislike of SA locals' arrogant attitude, jeez! yeah, SA is the number one destination in the US, not, better NA, no, that's so little, better make it of the north hemisphere!


editing for some google info
What? Fewer international tourists in the Alamo City? - San Antonio Express-News

it seems SA is the international destination for Mexican nationals, big yippee.
Hmm it seems there is a reading comprehension issue, no one ever said that San Antonio is the top tourist destination in the US. By your own admission, 26 million visitors come to San Antonio a year and it's disingenuous to believe that they all come from the southern United States or Mexico. I think what San Antonio locals like the least is know it all foreigners who think they have something to prove. That actually goes for most Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 04:44 PM
 
Location: SA
275 posts, read 137,183 times
Reputation: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Hmm it seems there is a reading comprehension issue, no one ever said that San Antonio is the top tourist destination in the US. By your own admission, 26 million visitors come to San Antonio a year and it's disingenuous to believe that they all come from the southern United States or Mexico. I think what San Antonio locals like the least is know it all foreigners who think they have something to prove. That actually goes for most Americans.
oh now you are going to pull the foreigner vs American bs? who said I am not American now as well? there is such thing as becoming a naturalized citizen.
In any case, All along I have been saying SA is a nice city just not the center of the universe as some locals feel and act. Dont worry I wont say a word in this thread, please keep being welcoming to outsiders and their observations, maybe visitors would keep going...down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 08:19 PM
 
1,791 posts, read 2,434,246 times
Reputation: 1421
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
Are you kidding me? I have lived and visit several continents.
Believe it or not the world is larger than SA.
I guess I should add to the dislike of SA locals' arrogant attitude, jeez! yeah, SA is the number one destination in the US, not, better NA, no, that's so little, better make it of the north hemisphere!


editing for some google info
What? Fewer international tourists in the Alamo City? - San Antonio Express-News

it seems SA is the international destination for Mexican nationals, big yippee.
I am European, still have a house in Sweden. For a world traveler like yourself, you seem to think mighty highly of other Texas cities. To say Houston and Dallas are first class cities is silly. You are putting them next to London, NYC, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Hong, Sao Paulo, etc.

Like I said before, I am not saying San Antonio is a first class city. It is too small. But, it's an incredibly easy argument to say no cities in Texas are. I would even say Los Angeles isn't a first class city either.

Please move if you're unhappy. Someone as sophisticated and intelligent as yourself could surely live anywhere they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 09:29 PM
 
Location: SA
275 posts, read 137,183 times
Reputation: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
I am European, still have a house in Sweden. For a world traveler like yourself, you seem to think mighty highly of other Texas cities. To say Houston and Dallas are first class cities is silly. You are putting them next to London, NYC, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Hong, Sao Paulo, etc.

Like I said before, I am not saying San Antonio is a first class city. It is too small. But, it's an incredibly easy argument to say no cities in Texas are. I would even say Los Angeles isn't a first class city either.

Please move if you're unhappy. Someone as sophisticated and intelligent as yourself could surely live anywhere they want.
I said I couldnt tell where SA related to other Texan cities, but that SA is not at the same level than NYC, Chicago, Seatle, Atlanta, Boston, San Diego or DC, and, of course, not even close to London, Paris, Hong Kong and the likes. Does anyone read previous posts?

If I could, I would move in a NY minute but that would mean to divorce my husband, so for the time being I would have to endure rude and aggressive people, as it seems. SA is not a welcoming city, I was surprised and dissapointed about that as I was expecting the opposite. Unfortunately my husband job means we will have to stay here for at least a couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2015, 09:35 PM
 
5,622 posts, read 6,404,848 times
Reputation: 3593
Your husband couldn't find a better job in NY or some place you (in your opinion) consider better than San Antonio? If that is the case, then be thankful he could get one here and stop being so focused on what you consider negatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top