Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 08:43 AM

36 posts, read 35,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Visit the other 14 states, then get back to us.
36 states are where I've lived for atleast a couple of months, but I've been to every state (except hawaii) atleast passing through.

Same thing, people here just don't understand to speed up getting off ramps, left land for passing traffic and so on.

Most of the traffic congestions, don't even need to exist if people understood that same concept, they may know about it, but don't follow it. I've never been tempted to buy one of those 3d clocks that have programmed messages I can flash at people. I've even taken it further to get in front of a slow driver going 40 in the left lane (when it's 70) and I slow down just to make them move over.

Other states even have signs "minimum speed limit" signs and have "keep right except to pass". They are nearly non exisistent in the majority of San Antonio.

California had many areas that's bumper to bumper traffic, but atleast a lot of the time it's moving traffic, or legitimate congestion. Half of San Antonio makes their own congestion, and it's unnecessary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 08:49 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,063 times
The previous post spoke nothing about grammar,syntax or spelling. It is the inane repetitiveness. Mindless. Identical without change. Lack of content or context.
There is not a reason to use facts as there is no explanation for taste. Just pure negativity unalloyed with reason.
Blind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
That is the longest insult at my grammar usage I have ever seen.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:02 AM

71 posts, read 139,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchodrive View Post
GUAM !

Whenever I get into a pity-party about San Antonio weather.

I think of the scorching hot and humid weather with humongous tarantulas
and skeeters all year round.

All through the courtesy of Uncle Sam during my military times overseas.

Ah hell Ranch. I move back to Guam in a heartbeat. Except for the boonie bees. Damn those hurt.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:38 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Dislike the conditions which allow a fall into a rut of routine.

I like it has so many areas to explore on foot with staff, or jog-run with hop-skips as it aint all pedestrian paradise by those going to gentrified and old money spectrum who are blessed so much, but we run better if we do using eyes and heurestic system as runners of mexican hills or marathon greek messengers;

bicycle, same as above, but we port by pick up and dash with agile care and we can all segue onto a greenway, cycle far and random.

By car, sadly it harms all but fossil fuel is finite and commute will end with us low folk last, but end.

Bus is blur lah (singlish)

And history is grandest road for me knowing flaneurism and urban exploration aids communing and knowing this place;

So sorry runnees with easy paths and cyclist with safer streets, we might die but we live and experience environment better, we dont run or cycle ear plugged and lost in lala land.

Some know how to optimize all their boon ways by using run for bliss and flow. Reflect and grow. But dont know san anto like nook and bend they just stop at that park or enjoy their shady paths of serenity but wont ever be from here as any place with income bracket is cool even if they love some city more. Good on us all.

I love the interaction of some lead and others serve, and truth that leaders fail lots and greed reap and the closest to land is master of self but master of none.

History and learning our old city is what i like best. But i need to travel ancient highway from south of anahuac to pueblo and cahokia to new england french lands.

Sa was not as far as we know tied into that great network of yore but science will tell of how we fitted in here in sur tejas aka nueva filipinas.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Dislike the conditions which allow a fall into a rut of routine.

I like it has so many areas to explore on foot with staff, or jog-run with hop-skips as it aint all pedestrian paradise by those going to gentrified and old money spectrum who are blessed so much, but we run better if we do using eyes and heurestic system as runners of mexican hills or marathon greek messengers;

bicycle, same as above, but we port by pick up and dash with agile care and we can all segue onto a greenway, cycle far and random.

By car, sadly it harms all but fossil fuel is finite and commute will end with us low folk last, but end.

Bus is blur lah (singlish)

And history is grandest road for me knowing flaneurism and urban exploration aids communing and knowing this place;

So sorry runnees with easy paths and cyclist with safer streets, we might die but we live and experience environment better, we dont run or cycle ear plugged and lost in lala land.

Some know how to optimize all their boon ways by using run for bliss and flow. Reflect and grow. But dont know san anto like nook and bend they just stop at that park or enjoy their shady paths of serenity but wont ever be from here as any place with income bracket is cool even if they love some city more. Good on us all.

I love the interaction of some lead and others serve, and truth that leaders fail lots and greed reap and the closest to land is master of self but master of none.

History and learning our old city is what i like best. But i need to travel ancient highway from south of anahuac to pueblo and cahokia to new england french lands.

Sa was not as far as we know tied into that great network of yore but science will tell of how we fitted in here in sur tejas aka nueva filipinas.
Huh?

Old 05-07-2017, 10:31 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
Dang, I read that right before I went to bed...be up all night now.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:06 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,619,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me331 View Post
Ah hell Ranch. I'd move back to Guam in a heartbeat. Except for the boonie bees. Damn those hurt.
It would be interesting to visit Guam and see how it’s changed from
the time I was there during the Vietnam conflict.

I’ve been to many beautiful parts of the world.
But I don’t want to move out of San Antonio.
Good or not, I would miss this place big time.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:37 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Dang, I read that right before I went to bed...be up all night now.
I gave up after the second line. I think Huckster took over his account.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:26 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,063 times
Default Merovee is a Great Poster, Intelligent, however,

Merovee always has had a tendency toward posts of wordy over elaboration here, however this time he has gone quite over the top. I can't write stuff like this. This goes way beyond poetic license. I will re-read Merovee's post and attempt to glean some obscure meaning or messages from within its' passages. Particularly about the Mexican runners. Perhaps we have heard from the master of the universe?
I think he has been smoking the funny stuff. Perhaps the meaning of life is hidden within for San Antonians. Maybe it was a late at night Tequila driven post.

Trim it down some, oh, Shakespeare of San Antonio and re-post. Due to the unanimous reaction of fellow posters this attempt at emphasizing San Antonio's good points became meaningless when words which were used are so obscure that they are deemed out of context. Bad usage of good grammar.
Once again as said before Merovee, this stuff is all mere semantics.
Bad grammar and erudition don't blend well.
How is South Texas the New Phillipines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
I gave up after the second line. I think Huckster took over his account.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:25 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Merovee always has had a tendency toward posts of wordy over elaboration here, however this time he has gone quite over the top. I can't write stuff like this. This goes way beyond poetic license. I will re-read Merovee's post and attempt to glean some obscure meaning or messages from within its' passages. Particularly about the Mexican runners. Perhaps we have heard from the master of the universe?
I think he has been smoking the funny stuff. Perhaps the meaning of life is hidden within for San Antonians. Maybe it was a late at night Tequila driven post.

Trim it down some, oh, Shakespeare of San Antonio and re-post. Due to the unanimous reaction of fellow posters this attempt at emphasizing San Antonio's good points became meaningless when words which were used are so obscure that they are deemed out of context. Bad usage of good grammar.
Once again as said before Merovee, this stuff is all mere semantics.
Bad grammar and erudition don't blend well.
How is South Texas the New Phillipines?
"Tarahumara runners are some of the best long-distance marathoners in the world. While exploring Mexico’s Copper Canyon, I attempted to go running with them.

Northern Mexico’s rugged Sierra Madre...

...running habits of the tribe while arguing that modern running shoes damage human beings more than they help us."

Famies run together, they lived in caves to avoid Spanish sword and slavery, and are tied to land.

"Then I met Miguel Lara & Leonardo Cleto from the Tarahumara tribe.

These guys have been running their whole lives, starting when they were kids competing in rarajipari races. It’s a traditional Tarahumara game where contestants kick a wooden ball down mountain trails for hours (or days)."

https://expertvagabond.com/tarahumara-runners/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio