Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:39 PM

7 posts, read 14,303 times

Advertisements

[FONT=&quot]So we are supposed to move down to San Antonio and at first I was like hell yeah. I mean currently I live in Baltimore, MD. and it's a crap hole. Still while getting ready to move we started looking at the area of San Antonio and are you kidding me? We were all about the slower more easy going spirits there, and then we see your crime stats. I mean in a word DAMN. I mean don't get me wrong I'll still give the crap hole award to Baltimore over it because the crime in SA seems more petty then here but what you lack in shootings you make up for by pure numbers. It's a little sad because now we are just considering staying or moving to somewhere else. I mean here certain areas are just a no no to go to and that's fine that is everywhere, and I was expecting something like that when I looked up SA. I wasn't prepared for the fact that it's all over the city there. I mean Jesus there doesn't seem to be a crime free area in the whole damn city. Most of all though the most concerning part of your crime stats was the amount of rapes you have there. WTF is up with all of that. Well guess I'm just kinda asking if it is as bad there as its looking from your data. If so I think I'll just go somewhere else to live and spend my money. Thanks for any help.
[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 01:44 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,513 times
Bye, bye - find the Garden of Eden elsewhere.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM

905 posts, read 1,631,264 times
Please, you can't compare Baltimore to San Antonio

Old 06-14-2011, 01:49 PM

184 posts, read 462,129 times
Yeah crime is everywhere either deal with it here or in Baltimore. If you decide here better get ready for the heat over 101 this whole week with highs of 103 tomorrow.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
It is TOTALLY not like Baltimore here. Just trust me on that.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:52 PM

[mod]orphaned[/mod] Garden of Eden nope not looking for that. Reasonably safe for my family, yup that'd be nice.

Last edited by Bo; 06-14-2011 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were replying to was deleted

Old 06-14-2011, 01:57 PM

I realize that the crap hole I live in is more crazy then there. I even said that you guys mostly have petty stuff where if my kids walk on the wrong street here they ARE getting shot, but that was the point of my question. It's not to slap your city in the mouth. It's purely I visited and it was beautiful there and we loved it. Then we are getting ready to move there and start looking at the crime reports and wow it's all over. Really the most concerning thing was the average rape statistics that we saw and over two year period for it to equal 52 rapes a month seems like a lot.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 PM

898 posts, read 2,562,989 times
Just stay out of the bad areas and you will be fine. Car break ins and shoplifting distort the crime maps you were probably looking at. There are alot of areas that hardly ever see any violent crimes.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravetenebrous View Post
52 rapes a month
Have you got a link for this? I'm not ever going to tell you it's picture-perfect here, it's not. It's a nice place to live and raise your family and your money will go far here. But 52 rapes a month? That's almost 2 a day and I don't think it's accurate at all.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:19 PM

First off thank you very much to Spursfan and Sapphire. Thank you for understanding that I'm asking out of wanting to verify something that I'm not there in person to verify. Your posts are helpful and we appreciate it very much.

[mod]orphaned[/mod]

For those that were actually helpful, please God never ever come to Baltimore and walk on Baltimore Ave away from the harbor. It's a horrible area. [mod]orphaned[/mod]

Last edited by Bo; 06-14-2011 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were replying to was deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio