Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:10 AM

91 posts, read 322,062 times

Advertisements

I endorse Victor's Barber Shop on Nacogdoches just north of 410. It's in the same center as Sun Harvest; as you look at the center from the front, the shop is to the left of Sun Harvest. Go up the stairs and it's there at the top to the right. I started going to Victor around 1987 and make it a point to stop by for a haircut when I'm in SA. He does the hot lather/straight razor treatment as well. Victor is cash/checks only. If you're into betting on horse racing or going to Vegas, conversation will be easy.

Macgrad89
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 PM

420 posts, read 1,151,131 times
Roosters has always treated me nice. And wasn't there a lingerie/bikini barber shop opening here?

Old 06-03-2010, 04:16 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,253,040 times
RU thinking of Sports Clips? (when they first came to SA people thought they were going to be "scantily clad" ...they are not)

I took my son at the last minute before "graduation" to the one in the Military/151 shopping center, "Ana" cut his hair and she did a great job. She did his outline and fade and it came out really good. May just have to switch over from Razor Sharp.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:28 AM

10 posts, read 29,889 times
I usually go to Sports Clips at Culebra/1604. Ask for Laura. She is friendly and takes her time...Get the MVP, it is well worth it!!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 AM

33 posts, read 64,086 times
FYI - Bill Galloway 210 402 0655

Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,212,435 times
So does San Antonio or any nearby cities have that true old style type Barber Shop where you can get a shave if you want, hot towel on the face, maybe even a beer or a cigar? Sounds like Roosters might come closest to that, but I'd love to hear of some others.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 AM

923 posts, read 1,494,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Check out Harvey's on the north corner intersection of Blanco and West. It's in the strip center of Incredible Pizza Company but at the opposite end.
I used to go to Harvey's, it's pretty good. I was going to Brookhollow Barber Shop for a long time, it's across the parking lot from the old HEB at 281 and Brookhollow, however I now go to Rooster's in Stone Oak because it's closer to home. Rooster's is more expensive than the old-school barber shops, but they give you a free beer while you wait and do a good job. Plus they are open late, and on Sundays, which is a big bonus.

So to summarize: I am willing to pay the higher prices at Rooster's since they are conveniently located, do a good haircut, and give me a cold beer.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,127 times
Since Harvey's moved to Alamo Heights, does anyone have a recommendation for a good traditonal style barber on the NC side of San Antonio? I'm looking for a traditonal barber shop, not a salon type.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,726,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullxposur View Post
I'm looking for a good man for-men barber, preferably in the North side (NW, NC, NE). Anyone know of any good ones?
I recommend Ken's Barber Shop. It is in an older shopping center at the intersection of Austin Highway and Lanark. I have been going there since '86. This is an old school barber shop with straight razors, hot foam, and the the spinning barber pole in front.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,823,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgrad89 View Post
I endorse Victor's Barber Shop on Nacogdoches just north of 410. It's in the same center as Sun Harvest; as you look at the center from the front, the shop is to the left of Sun Harvest. Go up the stairs and it's there at the top to the right. I started going to Victor around 1987 and make it a point to stop by for a haircut when I'm in SA. He does the hot lather/straight razor treatment as well. Victor is cash/checks only. If you're into betting on horse racing or going to Vegas, conversation will be easy.

Macgrad89
Although your post is a year old I too agree that Victor's is one of the best. Since I started cutting my hair short I do it myself and I haven't been to his Shop is a few years.
Victor was my Barber for over 25 years and I first frequented his shop when it was at Nacogdoches and Bitters. Our Son who is 21 had his first haircut there. As most remember that Shopping Center burned down...a case of arson.
I followed him to his new location. Although I no longer visit him I have suggested him to several Family members and Friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio