Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,511,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo57 View Post
3. Why going to move to San Antonio?
Cheaper cost of living, weather, friends, activities, oh yes..NO state taxes.

It's very important

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-20-2012 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: repaired quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,090,056 times
Default Why we area considering a move to San Antonio

Golf
Weather
Military Bases (namely Airbases for space A travel)
Cost of Living
No state income tax
No income tax on my pensions
Oh did I mention Golf?

Actually I haven't moved yet. It is my plan to move from just outside of Boston (a small city). My wife and I are very near our retirement age. We are in good health and have worked hard and saved a very nice nest egg that we will be able to live on comfortably. Of course I haven't yet convinced the wife that this big city with the small city feel is the place for us. We are going to take a look this summer and yes I know that is the hottest time of the year but if we can survive those 5 days well....

Actually I am not too concerned about the heat so much. I expect that we will travel a great deal flying hither and tither.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,067 times
Default Moving from Northern Arizona to San Antonio

Moving our business to a bigger city, Ice Cream parlor. Also, I had a regular job that I lost do to company shutting its doors. Considering going to school and get a degree to find better job. Always loved the state of Texas, San Antonio seems to be good city.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:50 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post
Golf
Weather
Military Bases (namely Airbases for space A travel)
Cost of Living
No state income tax
No income tax on my pensions
Oh did I mention Golf?

Actually I haven't moved yet. It is my plan to move from just outside of Boston (a small city). My wife and I are very near our retirement age. We are in good health and have worked hard and saved a very nice nest egg that we will be able to live on comfortably. Of course I haven't yet convinced the wife that this big city with the small city feel is the place for us. We are going to take a look this summer and yes I know that is the hottest time of the year but if we can survive those 5 days well....

Actually I am not too concerned about the heat so much. I expect that we will travel a great deal flying hither and tither.
As a transplant from MA, I can tell you that you will not regret the move. The outskirts of this major city (north side) are downright country. Remember this town is four times the area of Boston, but is only about double in population.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,743,642 times
I did not come here by choice.

I was 14. My brother was 22. He lived in Florida, and he was shot twice and not expected to live. I lived with my mother in a small town on the Texas coast, near Corpus Christi. My father lived here with my stepmother, being retired Air Force and all. I was familiar with SA from visiting him but had lived near the beach all my life.

It was spring break and my mother rushed to Florida to be with my brother, and since I needed to stay in school, she sent me here to live with my father. Been here ever since. It's my own fault that I am still here, but some circumstances always seem to dictate waiting just a "few more years".

At first I was impressed, and thought I'd arrived in the "big city", but that was a rather naive assumption and based on growing up in a really small "football town". It was the "big city" to me, coming from a place with one high school, one jr. high, and 2 elementary schools!

My brother lived, by the way, after four months in the hospital.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:49 AM

282 posts, read 341,826 times
We asked/volunteered to move from Northern Virginia ten years ago when the Army was setting up a new regional administrative command at Ft Sam Houston. We didn't like the weather in the DC area and having survived 9/11 in the Pentagon we were really ready for a change. We'd both been here several times on business and vacation before we got married and had independently come to the opinion that given the chance we might like to live here. This is now our home and I see no reason that we'll ever leave.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 PM

10 posts, read 16,611 times
I was born in Dallas and at the age of 5, I found myself on a Greyhound bus with a woman I didn't know. She turned out to be my birth mother and she and her new husband gave me his name illegally. The Greyhound bus ride ended in San Antonio where I grew up. I left in 1971 and have only been back on business.

I'm in Austin now, after detours to Bryan/College Station, Conroe, Lake Jackson, Angleton, Houston, Austin (the first time), Galveston (Ike ran me off), Austin (the second time), Smithville, Bastrop and back to Austin.

I'm going back to San Antonio, hopefully to live downtown or in old Alamo Heights/Tobin Hill/Manchke Park simply because I miss SA - the river, the historical buildings, Brackenridge Park, the zoo, Broadway.

I'm moving back to SA because I love SA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio