Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:43 AM

25 posts, read 70,022 times

Advertisements

They did the gunite last week and hope to do decking this week. They have done a very good job about keeping us up to date on what is going to be happening. We had talked with Blue Haven and Stephan Kobar too. Blue Haven was very nice and had a very good deal for us but I liked the look of Pool Concepts better and they seemed a little bit more on top of things. Stephan Kobar never got back in touch with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smm1977red View Post
We are currently building with Pool Concepts. They are finishing excavation today. So far everything has been wonderful. I will let you know how things turn out.
I will be anxiously awaiting pics! They are on our short list if we stay in SA.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmcoronado View Post
We are looking at getting a swimming pool soon and are having difficulty deciding between gunite and fiberglass. We are also having a difficult time choosing a contractor. So far we have talked to Gary's pools and patio for fiberglass and blue haven is coming this week for gunite. Also thinking about leisure, Stephen korbar, and Tim the pool man. Does anyone have recommendations for San Antonio pool contractors? Seems like reviews are either really good or really bad and it makes it hard to trust who is good for such a big investment.

Thanks.
I'm new here and have selected a Pool Contractor after getting information and quotes from many San Antonio and Austin Contractors. Unfortunately, I may have chosen the "wrong" Contractor due to many concerns I'm having...I may be able to give some experience based on the local Contractor I currently have, and things to watch out for.

BTW, how do you start a new thread? I have many concerns and would like to get some feedback on how to fix pool steps that was not done to specifications...thank you.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:59 AM

314 posts, read 832,486 times
Any updates? considering a pool and want to hear opinions.

Also, general price range would be VERY helpful

Old 09-15-2012, 01:12 PM

3 posts, read 10,962 times
How did it turn out? We should be getting our initial design from George at Pool Concepts here in the next few days.
Thanks,
Ryan

Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
One thing at the top of my gripe list is being lied to.

One of the top concerns my wife and I had was the ability to swim year round. We specified the largest heater and an integral pool cover to keep the heated water in. Neither of the pool representatives would give us a firm price for a cover.

The "oh about $$$$ estimate" was, in fact, about double.

Additionally the contractor stated that the excavation cost for your neighborhood is $$$$. We know the area. We just put in all our contracts an additional fee for rock. We never have hit any rock before.

I know the hoe ram that my neighbors was hearing is not music to their ears.

Also, it is the little "adds" at the homeowner's expense that run up the tally apart from the contractor's price-srinkler line replacement, fence additions, landscape replacement, electrical box updates, etc.

One more month until "Splash Day"

Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 PM

33 posts, read 63,510 times
Any update on your pools in this thread? I'm thinking about going with Blue Haven because of price and familiarity. My next door neighbor had his pool installed by them last year and so far so good and he's happy. I've recieved bids from Texas Pools and Patios, Keith Zars and this Friday will be from Gary's pools. So far Blue Haven has blown everyone away with the price, features, options and overall standard equipment that come with the pool. Their not charging extra for hitting rock, removal of fence, removal of tree and more. Will update once we pick and sign a contract. Also Pool Concepts wouldn't give us bid unless we were spending $38,000 and up.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Update-

We have been in our pool for over a month and my wife loves it. Our neighbors, who started a month before us are still not finished. I still see trucks in the alley.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:46 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Update-

We have been in our pool for over a month and my wife loves it. Our neighbors, who started a month before us are still not finished. I still see trucks in the alley.

do you know who they are using?

Old 03-21-2013, 07:01 AM

33 posts, read 63,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Update-

Who did you use after all? And who is your neighbor using?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio