U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 03:58 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,079,148 times

Advertisements

Been in San Antonio over a decade and always make a point to leave town during Fiesta, it is agony on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 PM

229 posts, read 587,410 times
I'm a life long San Antonian (31 years) and cannot stand Fiesta. Luckily, up until a little over a year ago I had no children, now I fear that as my son grows up I will have to start going to fiesta events.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 PM

547 posts, read 1,045,592 times
Default a description put to music :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadimis View Post
Just moved here and have no idea what this is. Saw people on the news waiting all night for tickets....is this sold out and if not is this family friendly? Is every year the same thing as I see this has happened in the past?
Thanks everybody
This Link tells about how & why Fiesta begin in music & song. Cute!
Be sure to turn on your Speakers.
Viva Fiesta-San Antonio

*This was actually a link in one of the old threads "BstYet2Be" posted.. but thought I'd post it here again because I think it is so cute

Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM

100 posts, read 179,552 times
I've never been to a Fiesta event and am thinking about the oyster bake. What exactly is meant by ghetto and rowdy? If it's a party atmosphere with some drunks, that's perfectly fine. If it's a huge collection of vomiting people of... um, lesser status... that's a lot less ideal.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,307,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBForThree View Post
I've never been to a Fiesta event and am thinking about the oyster bake. What exactly is meant by ghetto and rowdy? If it's a party atmosphere with some drunks, that's perfectly fine. If it's a huge collection of vomiting people of... um, lesser status... that's a lot less ideal.

For me, we used to have a blast at Oyster Bake, but along with a lot of other events that used to be fun to go to, it has gone to the way of a lot of low-lifes that can't handle their beer. Get buzzed and start looking for a fight or doing something stupid. Not everyone of course, but it has gotten to the point where I no longer go to Fiesta. Then again, maybe i'm just getting old and grumpy.....

Depends on when you go also....like others have posted, Sat. night is probably the rowdiest.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,181,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBForThree View Post

Last year was the last year I went and seriously doubt I will go again...it has been going downhill every year Just a lot more low lives been going lately......and then they get drunk.....picking fights...more drama than fun. Every year I see more fights and plain stupidity. If you must go, then go on Friday night......Saturday night is usually when there is more problems. I hear they will have 200 police/security working which is quite an increase over years before, so that should be an indication.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,942,336 times
Our Lady of the Lake University is hosting its first Fiesta event on the first Sunday (April 21). It is family friendly! It's called "Best of the West" - music, food, and fun!

Here's the link from the Fiesta website: Event Single Fiesta San Antonio

Old 04-19-2012, 08:42 PM

604 posts, read 1,668,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
Oh, and the parades are family friendly, of course. Battle of Flowers day parade and the Fiesta Flambeau night parade.
Don't forget the Battle of the Bands at Alamo Stadium!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,079,148 times
Does Battle of the Bands get sold out before the event starts or do you go there to get the tickets?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:50 AM

501 posts, read 837,611 times
Surprised I heard no one mention taste of the north side. Great event.

As for the Oyster bake. What do you expect, it's right in the middle of the west side. It needs to be relocated. Seriously. Maybe at the UTSA main campus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio