Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2006, 05:59 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times

Advertisements

and what is happening right now http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA091706.01A.FlippingRanches.367a296.html (broken link)

Its actually sad to me since our ranch has been in the family for generations and I really don't see my boys getting to enjoy with their kids cause its really close these days to SA..

Last edited by neddy; 09-17-2006 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: added something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2006, 05:57 PM

11 posts, read 56,526 times
Red face Not a flipper

Neddy,

I read the article you referenced and it was extremely informative. As you may recall, I was the one who was interested in buying a "ranchette" north of SA. Well, now I feel somewhat guilty for being a kind of carpet bagger -- but at least I'm not a flipper! My wife and I really love TX and we plan on making it our home for good.

I agree with all of those folks who want some space. After being in the rat race for decades, it would be nice to be able to have some land and privacy. Thanks to your suggestions, we are now looking both northwest and northeast. We hope to fly down in November to look at some property.

We hope to find a reputable realtor who can help us out.

Old 09-18-2006, 06:02 PM

679 posts, read 2,833,992 times
That is what I am looking for. Some peace and serenity. I just want my little niche out in the country, where it is quiet and I have space. Just want to enjoy it. I plan to be there for good, as well.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:34 PM

Davehduc, sorry if you miss understood, i did not get the impression that you were a flipper somehow got the idea you wanted to move here! lol. Lots of pretty hills around for everyone but one day I to will sell , when I was a little one growing up at night time it was pitch black at my ranch and now ( as dad puts it) its all lit up like a Xmas tree...

Old 04-04-2007, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 61,257 times
Cool Land west of city

I'm looking for a home with 2+ acres in an area south of highyway 16, north of highway 90, west of 1604 and east of Medina Lake...does such a place exist?

Old 04-05-2007, 05:49 AM

I am sure you can find something to fit ya in that area. I am sorry I don't know the Medina area that well but I am sure a good realtor might be able to help.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdreamin View Post
That is what I am looking for. Some peace and serenity. I just want my little niche out in the country, where it is quiet and I have space. Just want to enjoy it. I plan to be there for good, as well.
That's just what I'm looking for as well.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:14 AM

136 posts, read 449,110 times
Quote:
Some peace and serenity. I just want my little niche out in the country, where it is quiet and I have space.
The article was interesting, especially the part about baby boomer wanting land.
Four years ago, I told my husband we needed to buy some land
before all the retiring baby boomers started driving up the prices. We
bought 12 acres about 50 miles east of Austin in the non-rocky rolling
hills in Central Texas. Cities in this area include La Grange, Giddings,
or Round Top. Our property was agricultural exempt. We maintain the
exemption by allowing the neighbor to run cattle on the property. The
ag exemption really saves A LOT of money on real estate taxes.
We are on a paved road, and have rural water running along the road frontage.

We are saving money to build a weekend place. It is very peaceful out
there and not a lot of traffic.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 PM

380 posts, read 1,279,956 times
Hahaha...I bought my ranch and asked "How many head can I run on it" and Yes, I plan to live on it, after I get done removing most of the rocks. Though, I'd say that for the most part the article is right.

1*Ranch.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:27 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
1StarRanch,
I am interested in hearing more about "removing most of the rocks" from your land. I am new to this, so hear me out: Is this normal when you buy land? If you bought a rocky piece of land, do you manually remove the rocks from it or is there some kind of machine that does it for you?

I took a trip to an area North of San Antonio and some of the land I was looking at was full of rocks. However, just across the road, there was a ranch with acres and acres of pure green fields. Did they remove the rocks? A stupid question...but curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio