Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times

Advertisements

Pfffft. I could care less about city rivalries. You guys can sling statistics back and forth all you want. My dad can beat up your dad. Big deal. Don't like it where you live....leave. We all have our reasons for living wherever we are . You may not agree with, or see our reasons, but they are ours, no less. If you think a different city or area will suit you better.....move. The highways go in both directions. Drive safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffutsa2001 View Post
It's just HATE SA time from an Austin person...There is always a reason a person dislikes or hates something. SA is doing something right to evoke so much emotion from this Austin person
I don't hate either Austin or SA. As I have said before, San Antonio isn't my favorite place to be, but I grew up here and this is what I call home.

I have not personally met anyone from Austin that hates San Antonio. I think that poster just had too much time on his hands so it didn't really bother me that much. I really did try to read into his posts, but it was a lot of rambling nonsense to me. He thinks Austin is better, so what...that is his own personal opinion.

The only people that really crawl under my skin here on city-data are the very ones that live in San Antonio and gripe about the city. While some of their points may be valid, the big question is why are they still living here? They know who they are and can not answer this question. If this city isn't giving you want you want, then you have the power to move to another city that can.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 AM

258 posts, read 323,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I don't hate either Austin or SA. As I have said before, San Antonio isn't my favorite place to be, but I grew up here and this is what I call home.

I have not personally met anyone from Austin that hates San Antonio. I think that poster just had too much time on his hands so it didn't really bother me that much. I really did try to read into his posts, but it was a lot of rambling nonsense to me. He thinks Austin is better, so what...that is his own personal opinion.

The only people that really crawl under my skin here on city-data are the very ones that live in San Antonio and gripe about the city. While some of their points may be valid, the big question is why are they still living here? They know who they are and can not answer this question. If this city isn't giving you want you want, then you have the power to move to another city that can.

I agree with you Matt...I was born and raised here as well. My family has been here since the late 1880's from Spain. It really bothers me when certain things are said about my home town. There is always pros and cons for every city.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 PM

164 posts, read 310,493 times
San Antonio is not as expecnsive as Austin or Dallas or Houston, but try and make it on $50,000 a year and SA won't seem like such a cheap place to live. It takes two to make it in SA if you want to do anything besides work and pay rent and pay utilities.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i35vagabond View Post
San Antonio is not as expecnsive as Austin or Dallas or Houston, but try and make it on $50,000 a year and SA won't seem like such a cheap place to live. It takes two to make it in SA if you want to do anything besides work and pay rent and pay utilities.
And do you know of a city this size where you can live cheaper??? Just askin'....

Things are expensive EVERYWHERE these days, and I challenge you to use "cost compairson" and see where you think you can find to leave cheaper that, again, offers all that SA does.

There is no where else in the US we would chose to live....yes, we would LOVE the opportunity to spend a few years living in Europe...but that is for selfish, travel benefit reasons only. SA will ALWAYS be home for us. We have turned down better paying jobs in the DC area...because when it was all said and done, we might make a LOT more money on paper, but between the cost of living, taxes and traffic nightmares, our "quality of life" would suffer dramatically.

To quote Ms Dorothy: THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 AM

4,434 posts, read 5,348,331 times
^^^

Paka, all these people posting are clueless on this topic. In one of the threads about wages I posted the Dallas Federal Reserves report on this very topic, and San Antonio was right on par (after the professionals adjusted for COL) with Sacramento, Los Angels, Indianapolis, Orlando, and Phoenix…Its pointless to argue with people who can't be wrong!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i35vagabond View Post
4 years ago I was living on 15k a year, no government assistance. It wasn't hard. Never went hungry, Had a car(with a payment), had a job. I don't go to bars and drink. As long as your "smart" with your money, its not that hard.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:58 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
^^^

Paka, all these people posting are clueless on this topic. In one of the threads about wages I posted the Dallas Federal Reserves report on this very topic, and San Antonio was right on par (after the professionals adjusted for COL) with Sacramento, Los Angels, Indianapolis, Orlando, and Phoenix…Its pointless to argue with people who can't be wrong!
I would love to read this report...can you send me the link?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
As long as your "smart"

Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM

4,434 posts, read 5,348,331 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/23998206-post16.html

It's also in post 16 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
I would love to read this report...can you send me the link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio