Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 PM

6 posts, read 22,202 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have reccommendations for Mother's Day Out programs in the North side of town. There were a couple on an old thread in this forum but I was hoping for a few more reccommendations.

We're not sure where we're going to live yet, but we're thinking Boerne or somewhere like Stone Oak area. We're still very early on the house hunt, but still want reccommendations for MDO programs since waiting lists can get long. I need a program that goes from infants to preschoolers.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
Ifyou are out in Boerne there are a couple of choices in that town, smaller church run. I know lots of folks drive into SA and take their kids to Oak Hills (by six flags) or to University United Methodist on Dezavala. I am pretty sure both those places are going to have waiting lists.

Good Luck

Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 AM

Thank you so much!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:07 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
I think you will be amazed at the number of churchs in SA that seem to have the "MDO" programs these days...seems that as we drive by many of them there is some type of banner or sign indicating that they are VERY popular these days and lots of the different donminations are getting on the bandwagon....where or WHERE were these places when I was raising 6 kids?????? LOL

Old 09-21-2007, 03:06 PM

Paka-I have a lot of respect for you for raising 6 kids!!!

Two has me in tears on some days--and that's WITH helpful programs like MDO. I so wish my grandmothers were alive so I could talk to them about their experiences as mothers in a big family.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:47 PM

119 posts, read 544,201 times
The Boerne UMC has a fantastic MDO program. My niece and nephew went there recently and it was a good experience. The Lutheran church in Boerne has an excellent pre-school program. I have heard University UMC has a good preschool program, but I've heard it has a waiting list. For the record, I used to go the University UMC pre-school 25 years ago and I have fond memories. Back then, the sanctuary and the gymnasium were one and the same, fold out chairs and all.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM

83 posts, read 369,498 times
Cross Mountain Church on Boerne Stage Road has MDO too. Its a smaller church but great if you don't want to go all the way out to Boerne!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: