Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 PM

92 posts, read 166,546 times

Advertisements

We live near the UC one on Pat Booker and went w/ daughter today to get hers renewed. it always seems to be crowded in the early morning (line out the door). She went the other day on her own to get it done close to closing time and had minimal wait but didnt realize she had to pay 25.00 so we went today again around 4 and had minimal wait(less than 30 min) all she had to do was show her old ID, they gave her a paper to fill out, wait for number to be called, sign form, take picture, scan thumb prints, check vision, pay and we were done, got a temporary paper one, new one comes in the mail 2wks. take something along with you to keep you busy while you wait otherwise you'll just be staring at the walls. it's not a roomy, comfortable, cozy waiting area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:41 PM

21 posts, read 29,320 times
Boerne location is actually worse.. A friend told me to go there as there wasn't as bad of a wait for her, I got there are 7:53 am thinking I was doing well, there was a line out te door already and I left at 11:50 am. It was a terrible experience and from what I have heard it's bad everywhere. I have also heard the wait times at the SA locations are an hour and a half to two hours, so that's better than 4! I am not from SA, so I was in complete shock at how this whole thing worked. Everyone was saying the news stations should come and cover how bogus it was! And most people that were waiting with me were saying it was common to not be helped until lunch time if you got there right when they opened!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:56 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadStreet/PattisonAve View Post
I renewed mine in January. I went to the Babcock location and waited about four hours. The line rapped all the way around the building. It took my three hours just to get into the building.

Go to the BOERNE location!!!

Bring your current DL and proof of insurance.

Good Luck!
Not sure it rapped... as you probably didnt hear any music to that beat of that rap.. but I am almost 100% sure the line "wrapped" all the way around the building.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,197 times
Boerne was really bad. Six hour wait for me and I got there at 9am.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Head south!

Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Head south!
I would think all the offices down south would have a large wait because of the Eagle Ford Shale play and all the CDL's needed.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
I doubt the Eagle Ford shale is affecting lines at the S New Braunfels DPS. Never had a long wait in the past either.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I never had a long wait at the DPS on S New Braunfels. I doubt the Eagle Ford shale is affecting business there either.
I went the the S New Braunsfels location a few weeks back about 2 PM and the line was out the door. That's actually why I drove out to Seguin. (started out at 9 AM at the Pat Booker location) FYI when he said head south I was thinking Pleasanton or Floresville.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:46 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,123 times
I've been to Gen Mcmullen twice so far....get there about a half hour before it opens and you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 AM

399 posts, read 705,110 times
They usually want proof of residence. Light bill, cable bill, phone bill. Something to show you're living in TX and not another state.

That's what happened to us!

Best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStraw View Post
My Texas Driver's License is due to expire late this summer.
The last time I renewed it was online and from what the website states, "if the last renewal was not completed at a Driver License Office, then it can not be renewed online".
So it looks like I've got to make a trip to the Driver License Office in person.
The website states "By visiting a Texas Driver License Office, you will be required to present: Proof of identity, Lawful Presence and Proof of Social Security Number".
That means I need to bring my Social Security Card but other than my present Driver's License, I don't know what other proof of identity to bring. I believe it says a Driver's License is not acceptable proof of identity. AAnd what is meant by "Lawful Presence"?

Other than the Vision exam, .. what other process is involved?
Will I have to take a Driver's test on paper or a road test?

I certainly don't look forward to going in person and the long wait and I am worried about passing the all the tests. Should I be?
Or am I worried over nothing? . .

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio