U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 AM

88 posts, read 77,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Having CHL or not means jack squat to me.

Why would I want that?
Then why are you posting in this thread?

If I wanted to hear mewls about how wicked guns are, I could have made the thread title, "Please tell me your opinion on gun ownership". But I didn't... I asked about how many 30.06 signs there are. I never disputed any businesses' right to post those signs.

Please stop trying to pick a fight with me. You have a right to your opinions, but that doesn't mean you should crap them out in this thread. If you'd like to start one specifically to fight over 2A issues, I'd be more than happy to hand you your head in it But I was kind of hoping that, months from now, if someone else was wondering the same thing I was, they could find this thread and an answer, not an ad for the Brady Campaign.

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 AM

981 posts, read 959,491 times
Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store
Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time.“

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...RhrWCM9dQ.cspx[/LEFT]

Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM

3,969 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 classical l3 View Post
Guns are horrid weapons and they need to be banned everywhere. Guns cause nothing but problems.
Guns - and the men that have carried them - are the reason you can post that drivel.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM

8,295 posts, read 12,496,450 times
Quote:
I am not ok with viglantes carrying their pistols around me. Look at Florida.
How about something a little closer to home??

1991 Luby's Massacre

Talk to Suzanna Hupp, who lost her parents that day. She had a pistol, but at the time Texas law required her to keep it in her vehicle. It didn't do her a lot of good when the gunman starting shooting people, but had she had it with her and defended them, would she be a "vigilante?"

How come someone that comes to the defense of others, are they branded a "vigilante" in your book as well? Does that apply to 72-year-old Due Moore, who saved the life of a lady at a Walmart in Albuquerque by shooting her ex-husband, who was in the process of stabbing her to death?

And since you brought up the subject of Florida, what about the 62 year old man in Deland, FL who saw two men breaking into his shed around 2:30am a day ago and was able to defend his property with a .22 rifle? Is that "vigilantism?!?"

I'm sure you're referring to the Trayvon Martin/Joe Zimmerman incident, if you're such an advocate of justice, how can you make conclusions about something that hasn't even gone to trial yet? Are those assumptions based on what the media is reporting? Do you really think you've gotten all the facts and evidence, enough to make a determination beyond a reasonable doubt?

There's a long list of examples of law-abiding citizens with conceal carry licenses were able to fend off criminals due to the fact that they were armed. But I guess believing so strongly in the First Amendment doesn't mean you have to do the same for the Second...

Cheers! M2

Old 05-03-2012, 04:16 PM

4,084 posts, read 6,202,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasredneck View Post
guns - and the men that have carried them - are the reason you can post that drivel.
exactly

Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 PM

2,734 posts, read 2,166,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
How about something a little closer to home??

1991 Luby's Massacre

Talk to Suzanna Hupp, who lost her parents that day. She had a pistol, but at the time Texas law required her to keep it in her vehicle. It didn't do her a lot of good when the gunman starting shooting people, but had she had it with her and defended them, would she be a "vigilante?"

How come someone that comes to the defense of others, are they branded a "vigilante" in your book as well? Does that apply to 72-year-old Due Moore, who saved the life of a lady at a Walmart in Albuquerque by shooting her ex-husband, who was in the process of stabbing her to death?

And since you brought up the subject of Florida, what about the 62 year old man in Deland, FL who saw two men breaking into his shed around 2:30am a day ago and was able to defend his property with a .22 rifle? Is that "vigilantism?!?"

I'm sure you're referring to the Trayvon Martin/Joe Zimmerman incident, if you're such an advocate of justice, how can you make conclusions about something that hasn't even gone to trial yet? Are those assumptions based on what the media is reporting? Do you really think you've gotten all the facts and evidence, enough to make a determination beyond a reasonable doubt?

There's a long list of examples of law-abiding citizens with conceal carry licenses were able to fend off criminals due to the fact that they were armed. But I guess believing so strongly in the First Amendment doesn't mean you have to do the same for the Second...

Cheers! M2

I can't even respond to that mess big boy.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM

2,810 posts, read 2,469,860 times
Quote:
I can't even respond to that mess big boy.
Because you know he's right? If you outlaw guns, the only ones left with guns are criminals. Having gun laws is silly, because criminals do not follow laws. The only thing they(gun laws)do is hurt law abiding citizens.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:45 PM

484 posts, read 469,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Because you know he's right? If you outlaw guns, the only ones left with guns are criminals. Having gun laws is silly, because criminals do not follow laws. The only thing they(gun laws)do is hurt law abiding citizens.
I'm sure things were much more peaceful in the wild wild west when everyone could carry (and use) out in the open.

Hey, since we are talking hyporbole, I have an idea: let's get rid of police officers...if we can all carry, we don't need them anymore. Let's also get rid of any laws...after all, criminals don't follow them. Let's live in an anarchist society where the strongest/fastest gun wins and the rest better hide.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM

2,810 posts, read 2,469,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post

Hey, since we are talking hyporbole, I have an idea: let's get rid of police officers...if we can all carry, we don't need them anymore. Let's also get rid of any laws...after all, criminals don't follow them. Let's live in an anarchist society where the strongest/fastest gun wins and the rest better hide.
Yes because thats exactly what I am talking about. Look at a city like Chicago, where its impossible to even (legally)own a gun, look at how much crime and violence is in that city. How are gun laws working up there?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM

2,734 posts, read 2,166,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
I'm sure things were much more peaceful in the wild wild west when everyone could carry (and use) out in the open.

Don't give him any ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio