Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,234,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheTruth View Post
Do you think that if a criminal wanted to kill you, they wouldn't be able to do it because you have a gun? If you feel that helpless without a gun in public, perhaps you should find a mental facility, or stay locked at home at the very least.

Its possible he may kill me, however at least with the CHL, I have the ability/option to try and defend my self. With out the CHL, your just another sheep to be fed to the wolves.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:19 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,826,047 times
Quote:
Do you think that if a criminal wanted to kill you, they wouldn't be able to do it because you have a gun? If you feel that helpless without a gun in public, perhaps you should find a mental facility, or stay locked at home at the very least.
You go ahead and get in that line to be a victim. Me, I'm gonna go over here, and exercise my right to defend myself. Let us know how it works out for ya.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:24 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,262,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 classical l3 View Post
If you are staying at a hotel and going to Sea World I assume you are on vacation.

Why do you feel the need to bring a gun with you on vacation?
Funniest question I've seen, maybe because he's is in a city he's not familiar.

My question is.... why is it that all businesses seem to be anti-gun?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM

413 posts, read 741,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
You go ahead and get in that line to be a victim. Me, I'm gonna go over here, and exercise my right to defend myself. Let us know how it works out for ya.
My family has lived through wars, moving half way around the world several times in some not-so-nice places across four continents. Every single male has been in the military and every single one has seen active combat for the past 70 years. The only one person in my family that has ever been killed by a gun accidentally shot himself at the ripe old age of 16.

You go defend yourself from the massive threat of suburban property crime in a first-world country.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,826,047 times
Quote:
You go defend yourself from the massive threat of suburban property crime in a first-world country.
Thanks - been doin' it for years.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:31 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,906,789 times
Businesses are not anti gun, they are anti slimball attorney proofing their businesses. Gotta remember that the definition of a lawsuit is an attorney making money. Somebody gets shot on their premises and the attorneys go wild cause they know there's insurance money available. The poor business dude just gets raped by these clowns for doing nothing. With the signs, at least they have some defense against these slimball attorneys.

Moderator cut: Off-Topic for SA

In regards to the OP, I've kept mine in my small luggage in the car without issues. Assuming you have a semi auto, you can put half in the luggage and the other half under a seat, in the trunk, etc.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-05-2012 at 12:55 PM..

Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,659,842 times
Console Vault looks like a good way to lock your gun up in your car.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:03 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
Quote:
Actually, two things would've happened if you were in there.

1. You would've run away.
2. You would've been shot.
What? If I were armed and someone started shooting like he (allegedly did), the last think I would be doing is running away. I guarantee you had those Soldiers had access to firearms, they would have defended themselves.

Military personnel, like police officers, run towards trouble, not away from it!

Quote:
Where is this mountain of evidence of armed citizens taking down armed attackers in public?
Google Due Moore, or go to that link I provided earlier in this thread that pretty much daily gives an example of a law-abiding citizen defending themselves, their property or others from criminals. There's tons of accounts out there...

Old 05-04-2012, 04:18 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,906,789 times
Quote:
Where is this mountain of evidence of armed citizens taking down armed attackers in public?
Armed Citizen | NRA Publications and Magazines

How many thousand of these kinds of real life stories do you want? The Armed Citizen has been published for decades and is just one of many publications with this kind of info.

In regards to running if someone started shooting, I can assume you're not from here. Most kids in Texas are taught how to defend themselves with arms whenever necessary. We also learned gun safety from our fathers and grandfathers who were the soldiers of WWII,Korea, and Viet Nam Wars. I guess you missed out on that- shame too. I don't know anybody that carrys a weapon that's gonna run. I can assure you we'd much rather be shot from the front than in the back. We're different here in Texas and ask any native if he is a Texan or a citizen of the USA and see what ya get. Then maybe you might have a clue.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM

413 posts, read 741,694 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
We're different here in Texas and ask any native if he is a Texan or a citizen of the USA and see what ya get. Then maybe you might have a clue.
You sure are different. Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-05-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio