U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:59 AM

309 posts, read 462,846 times

Advertisements

I go to Snowflake in Boerne every Saturday, and it is incredible. Donuts and kolaches are top notch and their ham/cheese/jalapeño croissant is one of the best things I have ever had! I know of the one in San Antonio and another in Kerrville as well, but I haven't been to those locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM

5,621 posts, read 6,404,848 times
I went to 'The Original Donut Shop' this morning. The donuts are awesome but I could do without the rude employees.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:13 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,174,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
I go to Snowflake in Boerne every Saturday, and it is incredible. Donuts and kolaches are top notch and their ham/cheese/jalapeño croissant is one of the best things I have ever had! I know of the one in San Antonio and another in Kerrville as well, but I haven't been to those locations.
I drive past it every Saturday, and it just looks like a doggone good donut shop!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 AM

3,367 posts, read 3,930,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I went to 'The Original Donut Shop' this morning. The donuts are awesome but I could do without the rude employees.
Where is this donut shop, Matt?

May I suggest you let the owner/operator/manager know of the rudeness you experienced, since Dunkin Donuts is starting to make a presence in SA, his/her shop runs the risk of going out of business if rudeness keeps the customers away.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 AM

5,621 posts, read 6,404,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Where is this donut shop, Matt?

May I suggest you let the owner/operator/manager know of the rudeness you experienced, since Dunkin Donuts is starting to make a presence in SA, his/her shop runs the risk of going out of business if rudeness keeps the customers away.
It is on Fredericksburg road near the Restaurant Depot store.

I seriously doubt Dunkin Donuts will have much of an impact on this business because they also sell tacos. They are also well known for their tacos.

They aren't excessively rude but certainly not friendly. Depends who is working. Their employees are like grumpy Abuelas.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
The Original Donut and Taco place usually has a line extending out onto the road. I am with MattTX, I doubt DD hurts them. They serve their donuts hot and fresh, like Shipley's does. I've never eaten their tacos but the donuts are great. I don't recall the service sucking, though, but I don't ever hold out much hope for polite drive thru people unless I'm at Chick Fil A.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 AM

993 posts, read 2,188,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
I have noticed that Snowflake is common in many of the small towns just outside of San Antonio (Boerne, Kerrville, etc).
I didn't realize there was one actually in S.A., thanks for the tip.
I seem to remember that they have good kolaches too.
On that note, there is a really good small coffee shop in Ingram, TX, called Spirit Wind Java. Excellent Texas Pecan coffee, pastries, and donuts. Small town/ local owner feel to it as well. Can't be beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio