Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 06:57 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times

Advertisements

I found Snowflake Donuts on Babcock & Huebner by accident, bought two donuts, and liked them! My favorite donut is a cream filled (NOT custard), and I rate my liking any donut shop on that donut. I really liked their cream filled donut. I will buy from there again, and recommend their store. Anyone else eaten their donuts?

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 05-16-2012 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:11 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,158 times
Thanks for the info. Now I know where to find a cop. Michigan Transplant sounds like a great name for a band. Gonna give me a new piston? Maybe a crankshaft. Lots of ideas!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM

I don't know how to take your reply, but if it is sarcasm, you needn't have replied. If it is not, then read on. And my User Name speaks for itself.

I checked out the donut threads before starting this one. We'd just recently discussed Dunkin Donuts, so I didn't want to resurrect that thread again. And since all of us who participated in that thread really LOVE DD and wish we had many more of them in SA, I thought I'd mention the new (to me) donut shop I just found. I do not like what I call Shi*ley's Donuts, and other than KK, are there any other donut shops that are in SA?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
Thanks for the info. Now I know where to find a cop. Michigan Transplant sounds like a great name for a band. Gonna give me a new piston? Maybe a crankshaft. Lots of ideas!
Yep, I'm from the Motor City and Motown, and proud of it. Home of LOTS of Dunkin Donuts stores. And there was a band in the late '60's, who had a very popular song. Ever hear of The MC-5 (Motor City 5), and their song, "Kick Out the Jams"? This was the censored, radio version. The uncensored added "mf's" after "Jams". Caused quite a stir in the day. Popular band, though.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Yep, I'm from the Motor City and Motown, and proud of it. Home of LOTS of Dunkin Donuts stores. And there was a band in the late '60's, who had a very popular song. Ever hear of The MC-5 (Motor City 5), and their song, "Kick Out the Jams"? This was the censored, radio version. The uncensored added "mf's" after "Jams". Caused quite a stir in the day. Popular band, though.
I remember that song but didn't know it was censored (didn't know it back then) It was KICK OUT THE JAMS BROTHERS AND SISTERS!! I saw the Motor City Mad Man many times and he still hangs around down here. Everybody knows who I am talking about. He is famous! I used to hang around the Dunkin Donuts early in the morning when they were just being made. I wish I still had that kind of energy now!

Old 05-17-2012, 06:50 AM

391 posts, read 688,032 times
I'm partial to Tim Horton's in Canada.

The first thing I do upon landing at the airport in Ottawa
is get a Maple Donut from the Tim Horton's in the airport.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:33 AM

Just to be clear, my reply was not directed at Dwangle. Moderator cut: orphaned

Dwangle, I never saw the MC-5, so I went to YouTube yesterday before posting my info. Yep, I was right about the uncensored version. And I can now say after seeing a video......they stunk. And lead singers always make girls swoon, well, this guy is the stuff nightmares are made of!

Joseph, I used to go to Tim Horton's also in Michigan on my way to work. It was kitty-corner from Dunkin Donuts. I loved their coffee, but did not care for their donuts. There is a Tim Horton's downtown by "The Cove" restaurant, which was seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives several years ago.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-17-2012 at 10:06 PM..

Old 05-17-2012, 09:14 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,264 times
My favorite is Main Donuts on Main St. in Royal Oak Mi.!!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
I love the Snowflake donuts in Boerne. They're really good...however, being a Texas girl...give me Shipley's any day.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,116 times
Is Dunkin Donuts back in SA? I've seen their commercials on television, but have not seen an open location since about '98. I used to frequent the one on San Pedro near Oblate. It later became River City Donuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio