Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2006, 10:42 PM

28 posts, read 142,863 times

Advertisements

Looking for info on the camelot and the glen subdivisions.
Is there any specific reason why the prices are so cheap? bad location?ghetto-ish?
I think we might go with a habitable fixer upper and the low prices get my attention first but I have to have a good area first and foremost.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2006, 06:25 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,615,180 times
I lived over in Converse a few years ago and the Camelot area was not so good and I don't think it has improved any. I would not buy a house there. I am sure there are so nice folks with nice homes there but some not so nice.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:48 AM

266 posts, read 703,178 times
The last I heard pizza hut was not allowed to deliver into the Camelot subdivision. I guess that might answer your question!

Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 AM

54 posts, read 130,671 times
Like anywhere, Camelot has it's good and bad areas. The decline of Walzem Road has damaged the area's job ops. However, there are still many beautiful, quiet, secluded homes in Camelot 1. Just have to look.

As an investment..rental house..Camelot is a gold mine. Sandwiched between Randolph Air Force Base and Fort Sam Houston, there will always be someone wanting to move in.

There has been a degree of economic shift out of the area as Walzem Road and Windsor Park Mall have fallen on hard times. However, the city of Windcrest across Walzem from Camelot has purchased Windsor Park Mall and there is an active revitalization effort going on.

Housing wise, it's a buyer's market. You couldn't go wrong if you're looking for a rental investment.

As for living in Camelot,just spend some time looking. There are areas comprised of retirees and responsible mature home owners. The Glen, on the other hand is a dump and should be avoided at all cost.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:50 AM

545 posts, read 2,275,391 times
The Glen is in the news about once a week for some sort of violent crime...

We drove through there when we were looking for houses because the prices were so attractive. The neighborhood is not that attractive.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:40 PM

83 posts, read 298,821 times
camelot and the glen are hood. thats why the houses are cheap...lol. no if and or buts about it. its not a big deal if ur used to livin in places like that. but if ur not used to it. i would say dont move there. u wont fit in

Old 05-29-2007, 05:08 PM

63 posts, read 257,308 times
I wouldn't live in either of these areas. better location in my opinion, (which is about 6 - 8 miles from these areas) would be near nacogdoches rd any where north of thousand oaks up to 1604and further north. some areas south of thousand oaks not bad. I believe most of this area is in Madison high school area.
This is where the "please God, send me more money" folks live
OOPS!!! wrong thread!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio